Speaker Sizes, Harnesses and Kits of all Mazdas

hey all OK so I was looking to add a sub to my Mazda protege and was wondering a few things. first off I am debating between an 8 and a 10". I want some bass I want to be able to feel it but i don't want to blow the doors off the car either. I mean doesn't the mp3 and speed protege's come with a factory sub set up? what did they use and how did it sound? any suggestions toi sub size? I have a pretty small amp to deal with ( I was using it with an 8" kicker in my Yugo) now I am moving my stuff to the mazda but the sub probably needs to be replaced anyway due to age and some dry rot starting. I was impressed with the sound in my Yugo but it was a much smaller car and the sub was mounted and boxed on the rear deck so it was enclosed but was like a rear speaker (no back seat to get in the way and muffle the sound) was gunna try and do the same set up with the protege but the rear deck would need way too much modification and the seat belt anchors would get in the way so any suggestions appreciated. also how did you guys run your wires? How do I get under the carpets and dash to run them? Any holes already drilled in the fire wall to accommodate the power wire from the battery? anyone not use a capacitor? I never have used one but never owned a car with all the electronics under the hood. Don't want ot damage the computer or alt. with the added power demand... thanks
matt

Eventually, yes the speaker will become damaged. It is best to leave the rain guard in place or construct a new one out of abs plastic or closed-cell foam.

Hey guys i wanna install a Sub Woofer on my Mp5, and i wanna know if i need a r/c adaptor on my factory metra radio?

Hey guys, I have searched high and low all over the internet and can't for the life of me find REAR DOOR speaker adapters for 6.5" rounds for a 2002 Protege5. Any help would be amazing!

Mazda Demio 2001 DW shape (Box type). I want to know the speaker size for the F/R doors please and thanks really wud appreciate it

1sty knows what he is talking about cause i used an audio control 3xs on my factory radio and it was great crystal clear wasnt muddy sounding at all

5*7 speakers are very much use in cars. As the required volume and woofer is available. These speakers offers a smooth and a systematic music. And are more preferable in cars because the operating system is quite easy so everyone can operate it.

so how many watts are our speed3 bose speakers anyways? mine doesnt sound so loud thats why..!!

Silly question, but I am unsure about how the speakers are wired in my 2004 Mazda 3i. I have a stock (non Bose) head unit. I wanted to replace it with a newer HD radio. Where I get confused is, I have the optional tweeters in the front door, along with the stock 4 speaker system. If I replace the stock HU, do I have to do anything special to make sure the tweeters are getting sound? I assume they split off somewhere from the wires that go to the front left/right door speakers? Is there some sort of split in the doors sending the higher frequency sound to the tweeter and the low/mid sounds to the stock door speakers? Just wanted to make sure that was correct. Thanks for your help!

Hey guys, I have searched high and low all over the internet and can't for the life of me find REAR DOOR speaker adapters for 6.5" rounds for a 2002 Protege5. Any help would be amazing!

I did not need an adapter, but because the factory speaker only used 3 mounting holes, I had to drill new mounting holes into door. I also had to trim some of the rain guard from the door panel to allow the panel to fit flush. This could be because of the speakers I chose.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

STOCK P5 HEAD UNIT PIN OUT:

Pic from:

http://www.astolfo.com/p5/p5install.asp?track=5&mode=1

Pin #: Wire Color - Use

Pin 1: Green / Orange - Rear Right Speaker (-)
Pin 2: Green - Rear Right Speaker (+)
Pin 3: Brown - Rear Left Speaker (-)
Pin 4: Brown / White - Rear Left Speaker (+)
Pin 5: White - Front Right (-)
Pin 6: Red - Front Right (+)
Pin 7: Black / White - Front left (-)
Pin 8: Black / Brown - Front Left (+)
Pin 9: Black - Ground (see note below)
Pin 10: Pink / Black - Switched power, coonect to red wire in aftermarket harness.
Pin 11: White / Blue - Dimmer, not typicaly used for an aftermarket radio
Pin 12: Green / Black - Illumination, thanks twizyours
Pin 13: Blue / Red - Contasnt Power aka Battery aka Memory, connect to yellow wire in aftermarket harness.

Is this the same for my 2003 Mazda Protege LX?

Hey guys,

Got a question as to if I was going to instal coaxials in my P5.
Does the number given above (2.75" for front speaker) include all the room I would have? or is this the mounting depth? Or is this the total length of the speaker (for the magnet to the top of the tweeter?)

Is a 2003 MSP supposed to have rear deck speakers? I have done a lot of research and everything I have found said just in the doors. Mine has the doors and rear deck, except the rear deck ones are gone but the holes are there.

MP5 2002 Radio AUX in?

Hi All,

MP5 2002... I'm new to this group so forgive the basic questions.

pulled my tock radio out looking for a way to connect AUX into it. Does anyone have the pin configuration for the radio including the cassette connector?

Otherwise, its time for a double DIN radio with cool stuff

Back