MP3's in cold weather. (loud squeeks when its cold)

MP3-E

:
MP3 #1247
Im haveing my bushings replaced on my rear swaybar finally, and I have asked them to also look into the loud-ass noise's that come from the struts when its cold. They did take a look at it and told me that they think its the bushings from the front swaybar :confused: I personally dont think thats the issue but we will see. Ill keep you guys informed if that fixes the problem.

Has anyone else had that issue looked at?

Last edited:
I have an appointment to have mine looked at tomorrow. THey told me that they woudl be replacing ALL swaybar bushings! My fronts recently began to squeak, and it was AWFUL loud. I'll let you know if changing the bushings fixes the problem, when I get it back tomorrow. I'm thinking that the only way we can aleiviate this problem will be to get aftermarket parts. I heard that a company was making bushings and brackets with a zerk fitting that coudl be lubed and will hold the lube.

Well i just got my baby back and so far ALL the noises are gone. including what seamed to be the front strus making loud squeeks.

They replaced the Front and Rear bushings, with improved bushings. it all seems to be completely gone and handling has improved, i just hope it doent come back like NEWF has been saying it has.

also the guys at Walser Mazda (where i bought the car) were kickass, they gave me no hassle. only problem was that the rear bushings were on back order for a bit but they handled everything really well, and even washed my car for me! (rockon)

Do you have the bushing parts number?

Could you by chance post the parts number for your replacement bushing? Thanks.

I actually have another problem...my front suspension makes a weird noise...it actually sounds like the tire is rubbing when I go over bumps...it's only does that when it's cold and it's done that since I bought the car...I am getting it checked this week and getting my anti-rust treatment at the same time since it started snowing today...

Bump for info? Does the loud squeek come from bushings or struts in front odf car? I thought it was struts?

Struts

Most dealers are confused at this point. They aren't aware that there are 3 different noises for the speeds and mp3's.

So, when someone comes in and complains of a noise, they automatically think it's the bushings because that the only tsb they have, and the clunk has had the most attention.

I replaced my strut mounts, and it seemed to actually work. No logical reason as to why, but it worked. I rarely hear noises from my struts now.

I still here them, but it's very rare.

btw, replacing the struts did nothing for me.

Do you find that it's not so bad when the car is wet? Like on a rainy day?

The clunks are starting to come back, as well as the squeeking, but thats only when it is really cold outside. So I get to bring it back again for what seem like its going to be a reoccuring problem. :(

My MSP makes a squeek from the front end when it's cold (and sadly it's cold a lot in Chicago this time of year) so I guess it's not isolated to the MP3. My friends Proteg ES makes the exact same front end noise when it's really cold. I wonder if it's a trademark of Tokico struts? Anyway, on warm days I'm noise free, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm more worried about my massive torque steer and how it will play out when the autocross season begins in May...

Yeah, I know Mine squeeks bad, but If its the strut what can you do? I mean mazda will fight replacing those.

My front pops, and the rear squeaks..

the front susp. will make a popping noise when im turn a sharp turn like a parking spot..it will pop twice...once on the turn then when i straight it out.............the rear will squeak when its like 40 or cooler outside....
H&R lowering springs, are underthere to (boom07)

jaredbzoom said:
the front susp. will make a popping noise when im turn a sharp turn like a parking spot..it will pop twice...once on the turn then when i straight it out.............the rear will squeak when its like 40 or cooler outside....
H&R lowering springs, are underthere to (boom07)

Just my 2 cents from experience. When turning sharply, for example in a parking lot doing a figure 8 or something (for diagnostic purposes) and you hear a distinctive "popping" sound, that is usually indicative of a bad axle.

dcbeggs said:
Just my 2 cents from experience. When turning sharply, for example in a parking lot doing a figure 8 or something (for diagnostic purposes) and you hear a distinctive "popping" sound, that is usually indicative of a bad axle.
(boom07) what about a bad cv boot??

yup mine sqeeks in the rear.... only 40 degrees cold down here in va, suppose to get colder... prepare for the worst cluckin of your lifes lol. going to try to grease it up later on tomrrow n see what happens.

Back