Random Play between folders?

scott42

Contributor
:
Blue MP3 #1169; '06 Subaru B9 Tribeca
Not being very into the whole MP3 music scene, I use the capability relatively simply. I rip CD's I have into MP3 form and then burn them to a cd. basically put a bunch of albums onto one disc. Each album has its own folder. I'm trying to figure out if random play can go across the folders as that would be ideal, but I haven't been able to get it to shuffle between all of the folders...anyone have any ideas or just a definite "no, i know you can't do that"...
Reason I ask is that I do it on my dvd player all the time and it works great, I figure this (828) should be able to do it figuring in its prime it cost $700 or so...

Right now, there are very few MP3 decks that will shuffle between folders, and I DO NOT believe the 828 can. I'm 99% sure the answer is no.

You can (if you want) burn all tracks from all albums into one folder. You can name the tracks with an "A" to begin each track on the first album, "B" for the second, etc. - this will keep the tracks in order, and keep the albums in order, also. That way, you can shufle the whole disc. The only issue is making sure you burn properly (I have several discs like this where I did something wrong and the whole disc came out shuffled right from the burn). You'll also want to try to remember what the album order is. It's a pain, but I think it's the only way to shuffle all the tracks on a disc with the 828.

~HH

Back