cigarette lighter removal

jlc_mp5

How do you take out the whole cigarette lighter unit in the Pro5. I want to access it so i can tap in a wire to turn on my amp. My fingers are kinda big and i cant get it to budge any by sticking my hands through the ashtray. Do i have to take off some panels to make it come out easier or do i just need to keep prying it out with some tools. Any input will help!!!!.....
Thanks in advance...

jlc_mp5

why dont you just use the remote wire from the back of your face to the remote plug in ur amp, for remote turn on. usually a remote wire is blue, but if u look in teh wiring diagram found on here (pinout) you can find out what it is on ur car

umm. forgot to say i was trying to add an amp to my stock head unit. I dont want to fiddle with the console and scratch it up.

JLC_mp5. WTF ARE YOU DOING???? why in god's name would you hook up your amp to your cigarette lighter wire???? Is this connection suppose to Power your amp or just turn it on when the cars goes one aka the remote wire. IF you are trying to connect the remote wire from the amp, you hook it up the remote wire coming out of the head unit. This makes the amp turn on when the head unit is on and off when the head unit is off. If you hook it up to your cigarette lighter your amp will be on all the time. even if the head unit isn't on.

DO IT THE RIGHT WAY and hook up the remote wire from the amp to the remote wire to the head unit.

Now if your tryin to power the amp from the cigarette lighter (i hope your not) you are one lost sole.

If you need help doing any thing to hook up your amp just PM me and i will be glad to help you in any way i can. I just hate to see people doing things the wrong way.

Back