Lost a tyre!?

Cloudland

Contributor
:
Mazda 323 SP20
was turning into a gas station, the car on the opposite lane also turning and gave way to me, i was a bit of rush, and probably hit the small curb thingy and heard a "bong"

i thought i hit the skirt or somewhere under, but it's the tyre, front driver side tyre, it's leaking air when i stopped inside the station.

it's the first time i ever changed a tyre!

well took it to the air pump, air won't pump in, is it the little rubber tube thingy blew out uppon impact? all 4 tyres are 35~36 psi cold. i can't find a puncture.

put the spare on, then drove home, check the internet first but seems no shop opens on sunday, will drove around and try my luck.

i got a few question beside the cause of the "bong", see the pic, did i get to the ring position to jack?

Attachments

• IMG_8473a.jpg
    IMG_8473a.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 174
or should i jack inside the red circle or what?

the instruction on the jack or the manual doesn't really help. :(

Attachments

• IMG_8473b.jpg
    IMG_8473b.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 169
I jack where the red circle is so it sits in the pocket and doesn't slide

what about jacking it on the yellow edge part? ive done it there and it hasnt done anything?

oh that's what I meant, jack on the vertical piece of metal

Auzzie_Mp3 said:
what about jacking it on the yellow edge part? ive done it there and it hasnt done anything?
last time i tried jacking inside the blue circle, it squeaked a bit and left a mark there.

the instruction on manual/jack doesn't seem to work with sp20 since the side skirt probably covered the intended position?

thanks nate0123, after this time, i'm confident to rotate the tyres myself, just need a few jack stands maybe.

Attachments

• IMG_8473c.jpg
    IMG_8473c.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 150
this is where i jack mine up usually...never done it anyother way and its worked with all my mazdas that i have owned...(93 mx6) but you guys mention other places, is this place right...im not sure? put the jack on the purple line or the yellow metal part?

Auzzie_Mp3 said:
this is where i jack mine up usually...never done it anyother way and its worked with all my mazdas that i have owned...(93 mx6) but you guys mention other places, is this place right...im not sure? put the jack on the purple line or the yellow metal part?
yes that's what I'm talking about

the purple line

You fit the notch of the jack into that pinch weld that is circled in red on that 2nd picture.

Theres a few better placed to jack up the car if using a regular shop jack. Theres a "ball" looking area on the supporting bar of the front motor mount. Look under the front of the bumper, there is a black piece of metal that will have a circular outward "dent" that is perfect for positioning the jack on. It raises both front tires.

There is a similar place on the rear of the car (on a P5 at least)..

ugh, thanks guys

besides, do U think it's just the small rubber tube thingy blew out, or it's the tyre blew out (somehow)? air won't pump it and no apparent damage on the tyre upon visual inspection.

nobody opens on Sunday here! first thing Monday morning. why NZ get under speced 83W tyres while OZ got "enforced" 87W? and stock wheels are too narrow.

you are supposed to jack the car in the red area of this pic, in between the two blue parts

you'll notice on the front and back there are little guide spots to put the jack just like where the blue area is.

hope this helps.

also, hope you get the tyre all sorted

Attachments

• jack-position.jpg
    jack-position.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 123
thanks guys, U've been really helpful. now i feel more comfortable with the car.

i was thinking about the tyre this afternoon though, like if the tyre is damaged, should i buy a new one, or trade them in and get a new set, like the goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3 last time i was thinking about. later i checked the spec, the 205/45/R16 eagle f1 gs-d3 is also 83w, so it should be of similar spec as toyo t1-s.

or actually it's the stock wheel, 6 inch is a bit narrow for the 205, sometimes it doesn't look sweet.

here's a wallpaper of a mini copper s, see the stock 17 inch wheel and 205/45 tyres, sweet as cookies!

Attachments

• 70_1600.jpg
    70_1600.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 55
Back