MAZDASPEED install....

:
07 F150 HD
im getting a mazdaspeed, and within a couple weeks of taking delivery I plan on having a little more bump added in the trunk. I want some opinions from you all.........I want something that will hit hard but im not going to compete anywhere at all and dont want to go deaf. Im fairly confident that getting a solid SQ sub will satisfy my need for hitting hard.....

I am pretty set right now in getting an Infinity Perfect 12"
it has 350RMS and peak of 1400. I plan on getting a RF 1000 watt amp (I will be buying this all at a local stereo shop so they will make sure the amp setup is the right one for the subs as far as ohms and whatnot goes so the specific model of amp has not yet been decided). I like sealed enclosures but I have heard that the perfect 12 is awesome in ported boxes and so-so in sealed so I will probably go ported.....As for the install I want to go a little custom, not overboard though.....I am thinking currently of getting "fixoflat" and ditching the spare tire. I want to make a little compartment int he spare tire area where the amp will be with plexiglass over the top flush with the floor of the trunk if that ends up being too hot then ill see how I can adjust the setup. Just know I am aware of heat issues........If the perfect 12 doesnt do it for me then im going to go for a RF power 12"......I plan on leaving the stock kenwood setup and having a switch for the 12" so I can listen to just the stock system if I want or flip a switch for the extra boom...........SO!

What do you think of my plan? (be gentle please :) )

Keeping in mind that I am not SQ crazy by any means, to what extent am I going to need dynamat in order to keep my pro from rattling like a POS? I have a 91 MX6 now with 2 RF10"s in the trunk and with no dynamat at all there is MINIMAL rattling from the outside and none on the inside. If this were true with a protege and the 12" setup I wouldnt dynamat it either, if i could get away with just the turnk i would do that, you get the picture.....

What issues do you forsee with me keeping the existing 8" and adding this big 12"?

Do any of you know (from MP3 experience perhaps) if the wiring existing in the car for the stock 8" will be sufficient for a system like this or did mazda gow ith el cheapo wires for the stock install?

Finally.......How confident can I be in general if indeed I do have a more thorough dynamat install done by a stereo shop that when they are done, im not gonna have any funky quirks in my BRAND NEW CAR as a result of their having torn it apart?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS ENORMOUS POST!!!!!!

Back