Engine Code Question?

BaseballMP5

:
2003.5 Black Mica Protege5
Simple question. I know the MSP is turbo and my mp5 isn't. but other than that do both cars have the same engine? if so, is it possible to install the stock MSP turbo setup on my mp5 engine? the reason why i ask is because i want to boost my car without voiding a warranty. and if the dealer can install the turbo with a warranty then all will be golden.

yes on all counts... do a quick search, there are others who have gone this route also

I thik the only difference is the mp5's timing may be a little more advanced, I could be wrong though.

well, not just timing or fuel, but the entire program of the ECU (physically, they are identical) is different than a protege5. so you will need engine management of some sort. though getting a MSP flash or a ECU swap would cover it as well

In order to get the MSP turbo you have to find a wrecked one. The dealership will not sell you the manifold, nor the turbo.

Both pieces are VIN/part exhange parts. And it will not void your warranty unless they can prove the turbo blew the motor.

Back