Antoine

Administrator
HOW TO: P5 Rear Door Panel Removal

Thanks to Jaje (thumb)

reardoor.jpg

reardoor2.jpg

reardoor3.jpg

reardoor4.jpg

yesterday evening i removed the driver side front which was no fun at all....
the end: i wasn able to put it on again! no joke...now i will go to the mazda dealer with that *shame*

HELP
i am stuck with the removal at the point where i shall pull the door handle off...
when i place the screwdriver in the hole i can feel some metal lever which i push up...
but no matter how hard i pull on the outer side, i cannot get ANYthing unclipped/out of its fitting!

heeelp

removing door panels

I ran into this problem too when tinting my windows. I called mazda and they said you need a special tool to do it, so I made a special tool and it worked. What you do is... you hold onto the handle tightly and then you pull really hard. Hope this helps!
-Cheesie

yes,you're right
i drove to my mazda dealer and he just RIPPED the f*cking handle off as if it was nothing....man, i was scared something could break but i already did that now a few times and it seems to work (this is gay methods though).....

is it difficult to do this?? i dont wanna spend $35 bucks on installation.. the pictures make it look easy.. ive tore apart a mazda 626 front panel before..

If you notice that all teh clips are on the bottom and the screws are uptop. you can just pull the bottom portion out slightly and it will eb enough to get to the speaker. It doesnt make it easier if you are wireing the speaker but it does if you think it will be a pain taking the screws and everything eles out. Had any1 eles done this?

i made a pdf now for that... hope it helps

Attachments

• mazda protege (323 BJ) rear door panel removal.pdf
    227.5 KB · Views: 18,306
I don't suppose there is a How To to get past the first panel? I need to get ot the automatic window motor and spool to fix the pulley system/spool. The first panel was a cinch, the hard part is getting to the guts on the inside of the plastic. Anyone know how to to this short of a Jaws of Life?

Any help appreciated!

Leath

Greetings. I have successfully removed both front door panels and both rear door panels, to replace all four speakers (2002 Protege5); as well as put everything back together successfully. Let me tell you, the rear doors are a pain, but once you get the handle off, you are good to go, the rest is easy. I have some instructions attached, the next set will follow.

Attachments

• 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 01.pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 5,071
  • 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 02.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 4,244
  • 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 03.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 3,803
  • 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 04.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 8,158
  • 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 05.pdf
    103.6 KB · Views: 4,079
Here's the second set...

Attachments

• 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 06.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 3,549
  • 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 07.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,860
  • 2001 - Mazda Protege Protege5 Install 08.pdf
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,583
I work at an install bay and before I bought my car no body had ever worked on the speakers before. So everyone watched me while I did my speaker install and held their breath with me as I just yanked real hard on the handle area. Now all the guys at work know how to do it. It is by far the stupidest way to keep a door on I have ever seen.

Thanks for all the info guys. I just installed new speakers in the front of my MP5 and it was a breeze thanks to this thread.

Back