Turbo experts: What do you think of the E.S. kit?

Greensleeper

:
2 GX 2011
So as I said, what do you think about this Essential Speed kit (Stage 2).
http://essentialspeed.com/shop/detail.asp?product_id=ESP52e&&cat=&category=&cat1=2&cat2=

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Protege 5-2.0L(intercooled)-stage 2i(internal wastegated)turbo kit
A complete bolt on kit that can add up to 110whp@ 12psi. (**STAGE 1 NOT REQUIRED)Fast spool up time is guaranteed with the new GT28r "dual ball bearing" turbo.Essential speed's kit starts to spool at 1900rpm!! Stock internals can handle up to 12 psi..check out our crate motor and the Wolf 3.0v4 standalone system. Last dyno spun 239.5whp with 235 ft/lbs of torque @12psi ** kit picture doesn't show hiflow cat and HKS b.o.v**
Product Num: ESP52i
  • 304 Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold
  • GT28r "dual ball bearing" turbo
  • internal wastegate
  • 304 Stainless 2.5" Downpipe-w/EGR & O2 Fitting
  • NEW!! downpipe now comes with a hi-flow cat.
  • Cold air intake from fender well
  • K&N filter
  • All Fittings and Lines for Oil and Water hook-ups
  • HKS-B.O.V c/w recirculating hosing
  • Vortech FMU
  • Essential Speed's- O2 Modifier
  • Front mount intercooler
  • custom tanks
  • Intercooler Piping
  • Silicone hoses and clamps
  • the b.o.v can be upgraded to the dual port Turbo smart
  • turbo can be down graded to the original teo4h
[/font]
I was leaning towards the MAM Sleeper kit witch seems better due to Jet-Hot coating and MPI Tuner. The ES kit relys on a Vortech FMU (bad, no?).

mam or hiboost all the way, from what i have heard ES never ships anything out, do a search on them you'll see

240whp @ 12psi doesn't sound that good. I made 228whp @ 8psi with the MPI one. Go with MAM, it comes with the MPI and will let you control fuel and timing the right way. Better customer support also, there will be more people with that one then the ES kit.

Back