official Mazda crash pics/vids only from around the net

MP5Raycer said:
let see if we cant get this going but lets keep our own pics out if we can since we have seen them but any new wrecks are cool to post ill start out by posting an old one but gosh this is horrible

http://www.amadirectlink.com/releases/flcrash.asp
As a motorcyclist that makes me want to strangle the b**** that killed those two people. Motorcycles are out there! Pay attention people! Sorry for the threadjack.

crash36.jpg

The driver of a Mazda MX-6 passed-out at the wheel due to a [size=-1]diabetic condition, ran off of Nolensville Rd in Nashville, TN into a ditch. It took out trees and rolled back in the road.[/size]
crash44.jpg

In Germantown, MD this Mazda was broad sided by a Dodge Durango. Everyone in the Mazda had to be transported by helicopter to the hospital

ouch

020701a.jpg

THIS Mazda was damaged extensively when it crashed into a power pole in Pownall Street in Masterton early on Saturday morning. The driver was uninjured.

THE DRIVER of a car that crashed into a power pole in Masterton on Saturday, cutting power to more than 300 households, will have to foot the bill for the damage to the pole.

Masterton police found the car, a late model Mazda, on its roof after it crashed into the power pole on Pownall Street about 5am.

Police say the car was travelling south on Pownall Street, went through the intersection with Renall Street and, for some inexplicable reason, left the road and hit the pole. Police arrived to find the driver had left the scene of the crash. He was later found uninjured at a house. Power was cut for about an hour and a half to 300 households in the area.

A Pownall Street resident said the power surge caused by the crash destroyed several residents electrical appliances, including a toaster and television, and in one instance blew power sockets out of a wall. One of our neighbours lost the bulk of her appliances. I think its important that people know theres more than just a power pole that gets wrecked when this happens, he said.

Powerco spokewoman Jo Reader said today the driver would be invoiced for an amount upwards of $1000 depending on what equipment, such as a transformer, was on the pole. She said 17 of the 300 households had their power out longer than the others, so an inspector could visit each property and ensure it was safe to re-connect. Ms Reader said the damaged pole had been made safe and permanent repairs would be carried out over the next few days.

Meanwhile police are today continuing to determine whether the driver, aged 26, had been drink-driving.

Saturdays was the latest in a series of car crashes into power poles around Wairarapa most involving drivers aged under 30.

Last April, Patrick John King, 17, of Greytown, was killed when his car hit a power pole in Villa Street, Masterton.

In June last year a Masterton man crashed his car into a power pole in Clyde Street, and in October a student, 16, lost control of his car, crashing into a power pole in Fleet Street.

In January this year a Masterton man, 20, crashed his car into a concrete power pole at the intersection of West Bush and Boundary Roads. He suffered minor injuries but his passenger, 19, of Featherston, was lucky to survive after being thrown from the vehicle and sustaining spinal injuries.

In March the driver of a car ran off after crashing into a power pole on the corner of Park Road and Carters Line in Carterton.

And in May a Masterton woman suffered minor injuries when her car hit a power pole on High Street.

Less than a week later, a car hit a power pole on State Highway 2 near Carterton, breaking the pole just over a metre from the ground.

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
crash1.jpg
crash2.jpg
crash3.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The Story...

I was coming home one night around 11:30 PM. My office is in a small rural town and most of the roads around here are 2 lanes each. I was traveling eastbound minding my own business coming up on a T intersection. Another car coming from the east, towards me decides that he wants to try and turn south on the side road, right as I'm approaching the intersection. Mind you I'm going around 60 MPH. I had 1 of 2 choices to make within about a second. Either hit the front right corner of his car, or veer left across the other lane, hope at best for a glancing blow on him and recover. I veered left. the left tires caught the opposite shoulder where the soft gravel sucked me further to the left. My brakes felt useless. The ditch was pretty level actually and I went right through it into the corn field. The farmer had already harvested the corn and plowed the field. When I got into the soft dirt, the car slid sideways, passenger side first. Once the Miata got fully sideways, the tires dug in and off we went, my Miata and me, into the wild blue yonder. We barrel rolled around 7 times before coming to a rest on the roof. My door had been sprung open and there was plenty of broken glass all over the place. The air bag did not deploy and my seatbelt did it's intended job. I unlatched it and crawled out. That's when I got hurt. The broken glass did a number on the top of my scull requiring a little bit of stitchery in the E.R. Some guy had been about an eigth of a mile behind me and saw the whole thing happen. He pulled over right away and expected to find me in pieces all over the corn field. He was quite surprised to see me walking away. I think it actually scared him more than me. the guy who caused all of this never even stopped. It was rather fortuneate for me that this guy saw it happen as without his accounting, my insurance company would have never bought me a new car and the police would not have believed anything I said. The next day I could not even move my left arm. My shoulder and chest were quite bruised from the seat belt. And I still have a healthy knot on the back of my neck and it's been 4 years. I'd like to think that I used to be taller but nobody believes that excuse... I went out right away and got Miata #2 which I traded last year for my '95M. And no, I didn't/don't have a roll bar.

Damn...The Story...
A friend of mine took these pictures of a car that was in a dealer lot several years ago. The story is that it was a test drive gone bad. Very bad, indeed.
wrecked_rx7_a.jpg

wrecked_rx7_c.jpg

My manager and I were on our way to her apartment, we went thru a stoplight that was green for us and red for a HUGE Chevy Tahoe we hit the Tahoe going around 55mph we flipped the SUV three times and it landed on it's side every airbag went off in the Mazda and were fine, the people in the Tahoe had to climb out of the sunroof but everyone was okay there too, both cars were totaled.

Attachments

• l_0fe65ba35683b3ee2cbb61ea8d1b252e.jpg
    l_0fe65ba35683b3ee2cbb61ea8d1b252e.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 207
  • l_0ae8b7fc30d8df6b14950c9ffdf9fee3.jpg
    l_0ae8b7fc30d8df6b14950c9ffdf9fee3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 192
  • l_77a101580ac28c01dc488b2c143a90d1.jpg
    l_77a101580ac28c01dc488b2c143a90d1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 161
  • l_f6da6860a598b8cfb9a9cc4cc9bd449d.jpg
    l_f6da6860a598b8cfb9a9cc4cc9bd449d.jpg