PISSED!dealership/service WOES...I HATE MAZDA dealershipz

well..as you all know, my tranny blew yesterday and I had it towed to the closest mazda dealer/service center.
first off, no calls today or yesterday from them.
I called.
Talked to the guy, asked him what was going on with my car.
He said 5th gear was gone somehow? and the synchros were all messed up. he said they would be ripping up the tranny tomorrow and seeing what parts i needed.
I said, well im just glad its still under warranty.
he said , "It will be covered this time, but if theres a problem with the syncrhos or gearbox in the future, it wont be. It seems you've been racing and driving aggressively over all with the vehicle."
"I still have like 12,000 miles left on the warranty..."
"-no..it wont be covered, even if it happened right after we fix it."

i was pissed.
but, i want them to fix my car right, so i just said ok.
when my car is done though, theyre getting a piece of my mind.

my car is still under warranty for 12k more miles..i dont understand. Isn't mazda obligated to fix it if it happens again? Maybe I do drive aggresively, but from what i recall, there's no $$$ limit on the warranty. And also, it's not my fault mazda made a weak transmission for the protege. I mean..hondas and acuras run around 8000rpm all the time and i know people that drive way more aggressive than i do..but those cars have held up for like 5-6years and still are fine. Ive gone through 2 trannies in less than a year.
This is complete bs.
Im sorry...after my car comes back from the shop..im stockifying it, and trading it in for a new vivid blue pearl (new 2003 color, its like laser blue for the p5, mp3) 2003 honda civic si or vibrant yellow(new color also) 2003 Sentra SER Spec V..

heres a pic of that si color by the way..comin out late october..

Attachments

• electricbluesi.jpg
    electricbluesi.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 574
I can relate to you man.

I got into a slight wreck with my car and i dented the left fender and messed up my front bumper and messed up my headlights and the suspension. 2 hrs later after driving my car to the dealer and getitng my dads friend, (who happens to be the insurance man) to look at it, the dealer and him inspected my car to get an estimate. Well the dealer said I'd have my car back within a week b/c it wasn't that bad of a wreck so i was like cool, only one week. So the days go by and I caleld in and asked and there like: "Oh were still waitng on parts and its gonna take a couple more days, i called in again, "OH we fixed this one thingie, but we found something else that was wrong so we have to order something else." I was getitng mad, this contiued for one *ucking month striaght! I took my *ucking dealership to fix my car in one month! There was no engine damage and there was nothing wrong with the tranny, they ordered a whole new bumper (Which i don't understand b/c i thought they were just gonna pop it off and sand the straches away and re-paint it) and they orderd they new left fender which they had to of course, the re-painted my hood, replaced the right tire, replaced a tire rod and a strut and they replaced both headlight units and it took them a whole month! I HATE MY DEALERSHIP WITH A PASSION!! Also another side note, when i fianlly got my car back i took it back in for an oil change and it took them an hour just to do that! I love my car but i hate my dealership! If Ben Laden were to fly a 747 (with no peopl in it of course) and crash into my delearship (when no one was there) and blow up the building and blow up every car there I would laugh my ass off! (laugh) (upyours)
Thank god i have ful lcoverage the total cost was $2500 and i don't see how but my deductible was only $250. I pray that i never have to go to my dealership again!

I finally saw one of those new si's...the thing looks like a mini-mini van...reminds me of those glorified electric golfcarts you can drive around town. :D

lol..here comes the hate already..yeah stock is really ugly, even with the electric blue..but im gonna get JDM type R lip kit, 17" wheels and lower it..transforms the car completely...
anyways, that car was designed for a lot of things the p5 wasnt, i think its more of the car for me...sorry..-_-

hum..well ill relook into the warranty information for that..
but the fact stands abotu the quality of the product...its not just me..
look at bens post in my original "-transmission- BROKE" post..
according to PA law i checked out today, i qualify for the lemon law...im thinking about it..

Concept P5 said:
first off they have the right to void warranty if abuse is there.
sorry to say that is the dead truth.

(rant) Sad to say because they sell the car with the image of driving "spritivly" with the whole "zoom" "zoom" "zoom" thing. They even say the mp3 brings the racetrack to the street and they expect us to drive like little old lady's? I think not, but the second we bring their "zoom" "zoom" "zoom" in to get fixed with a warrenty that we are paying EXTRA for they say "oh no, you abused the car" and now we are going to keep your warrenty money and go buy our fancy houses and cars and tell you to get lost. I just hate greedy people, and thats what dealerships are.
Just like insurance companies raising your insurance rates if you ever happen to try and make a claim with them, it's greed and BS, if you ask me. I would rather have an "Option" to pay for a warrenty, that way I don't get stuck paying for the s*** if the dealer decides to not cover my s***. (rant)

(rant) Done ranting (rant)

mp3 brotha...i couldnt say AMEN anymore for that..
the new spirtied zoom zoom image certainly is only skin deep as im finding out...
my question to mazda is

you made an engine with a peak 6000-6500rpm powerband

why didnt u make a transmission that can handle it as well?

if getting all the horsepower out of my car is considered "abusive", the by all means I am..but I like getting all of the power...
seriously, why would u put all the power there if u dont expect people to use it????
why make a stick shift at all then? we should all use slush box that auto shifts at like 4000-5000rpm before al lthe real power comes in

ZOOM ZOOM THIS! lol
first off it doesnt matter they can void it. the only thing u can do is fight them...... and if not fight mazda canada or mazda USA depending on ur location.
many of my friends work at mazda as mechanics and that is the policy in any mazda dealership

LOOK IN UR OWNER"S MANUAL!!
it says "DO NOT RACE YOUR CAR" something along that line.

and trust me u can tell the difference between a beaten car and one that is taken care of.

SO SAVE UR RANTING.
its sad but true man..... either fight and you should win.

PS - Commercials are to draw you in..... ZOOM ZOOM doesnt mean a thing
take the WRX commercial..... try rallying in ur new WRX and smash it and beat it and it breaks... do u really think subaru will warranty it for u rallying it?

COME ON! lol

No matter what brand....what car...there will always be some that didn't come out right from the factory...its all numbers...maybe you got a lemon or maybe not.

Stou...one of our turbo mp3 members just participated in an autocross event and according to him everything held up well (aka the tranny).

Does the dealer get paid by Mazda to cover warranty work...how does the process work? Maybe your dealer is pullin a scam. :confused:

i think dealers get paid the labor fee?
i dont know..
anyways..the dealership im at right now isnt the original..
i just moved to philly...
i got the car when i lived in seattle

look. you guys are beating up Mazda for no reason. My dealership people are the best. They know what they are talking about and help me out when ever i need it. For the issues about the trany. Look all cars have there weakness and strength. The weakness is the trany. You can't be power shifting and abusing it. That life. My old car was a 92 Ledgen. Strongest motor out there. 150k and still ran like a dream but, the tranies had a habbit of breaking. thats life.

ALSO
The MP5 was never desgined or market as a "street race" car. The parts aren't made to take abuse. The MP3 was market as a "street race" car. The fact of the matter is IT DOES HAVE THE BEST SUSPENSSION OUT PERIOD. better then your crapy civics. the only car that beats it is a WXR. And even now mazda gave the protege some power when it made the new MPS.

The thing to take into account is mazda is just getting into this proformance compact car maket. They are going to make misstakes and we should beat them up over it.

I have a MP3 and i never once think i should have bought another car. Well maybe one other car.....2003 Protege MPS....lol

well thats my opinion.

Antoine said:
I finally saw one of those new si's...the thing looks like a mini-mini van...reminds me of those glorified electric golfcarts you can drive around town. :D

golf cart with 200HP eh? (Civic Type R)

My Dealerhaship sucks, they b**** about the alteeza taillights they b**** about the Injen cold air intake and they b**** about the exhaust

Protege Type 5 said:
yeah those are good points..im just pissed at my experience, you know? i think its absurd...*sigh*..well, we'll see what happens..

i don't think your pissed enough, i was HELLA pissed when the stupid dealer kept saying there is nothing wrong with my shifter blah blah blah, and im like WTF! ive driven this car for 3 months i know my car, and i am saying there is something wrong with my shifter! well they kept saying there was nothing wrong so i just blew up.. ive never actually swore at anyone before, well ppl i didn't know but this was an exception.. i just took off on them.. and everyone else, even the body shop that did some of the repairs. the guy at the body shop knew i had past the point of becoming phyco so he took a look at my shifter components and found a bent shifter linkage (the long shifter rod), he ordered the part and fixed it, and this is a body shop remember, they aren't even supposed to fix these kinds of things.

Back