Mazdaspeed transmission mount (driver's)

ddogg777

:
2002 Yellow P5
I purchased some Mazdaspeed engine mounts and I noticed that the driver's side mounting bracket that goes on top of the transmission is entirely different than the one on my Protege5. Can someone post a picture of your engine mount so that I can verify that I got the right part? I thought the transmission housings were the same.
Thanks!

NVM I assume the one you were talking about. (bang)

Do you want a pic of stock mount or an aftermartket? I can run go take a pic of my stock one, if that'll help. (shrug)

Last edited:
I couldn't get a very good angle of it. But I hope these will help.

Edit: I can take off the air filter if you think that would show more of the mount.

Attachments

• tranny mount1.jpg
    tranny mount1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 159
  • tranny mount2.jpg
    tranny mount2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 153
  • tranny mount3.jpg
    tranny mount3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Oh that is soooo close. I just need to see the three bolts mounted to the transmission. Thanks for trying though!!!

jersey_emt said:
I thought the MSP mounts were the same as the Proteges? (dunno)
EXACTLY! That's why I need a picture, because this mount is definately different than my P5.

Actually what I was trying to say was I thought the MSP mounts were same, as in 'no upgrade from stock P5 mounts'.

jersey_emt said:
Actually what I was trying to say was I thought the MSP mounts were same, as in 'no upgrade from stock P5 mounts'.
EXACTLY! That's why I need a picture, to verfiy that this is the right mount because I thought they were the same too. :)
And yes, the passenger mount is a stiffer rubber, that's all. But I thought the other three were exactly the same. Someone stick your camera down and take a picture of the three mounting bolts on top of the transmission. That will solve my quandry.

I only saw two bolts/nuts holding the tranny to the mount (but one could've been hidden where I couldn't see it) Anyways these pics are larger than the previous ones to give you a better look.

Attachments

• tranny1.jpg
    tranny1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 167
  • tranny2.jpg
    tranny2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 134
  • tranny3.jpg
    tranny3.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 139
  • tranny4.jpg
    tranny4.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 127
aha!! That's is, the tranny mount that he gave me was for an automatic, grrrr. Mazdaspeeds don't come with autos do they?

Back