Forge BOV, Forge BPV or stock

03MSPRO

:
05 Nissan Frontier CC 6 spd
I just spent 1 hr reading old post about Forge products. From what I read, the Forge BPV has some minor stalling. Should I even replace the stock BPV? Thanks.

The BPV will have no stalling since it is recirculated....my old Forge BOV had MINOR stalling, and you got a pretty decent sound.

even if minor, I don't want any stalling. Maybe I'll just get the diveter valve.

I've had the Forge BOV for several months now & I had the BPV before that. The BOV is definitely the way to go. I had some stalling, but like I've said, you just drive around it. For example, if you don't downshift when you stop, it can happen sometimes, but I downshift to 2nd almost every time now. I've only had 1 incident that was actually a problem & it's nothing that most people will ever encounter.

how loud is it? I went looking through all the old threads and found a short driveby clip, but all I could hear is the turkey.Does it give a nice psssh or just amplify the turk turk? (uhm)

jeffmsp said:
how loud is it? I went looking through all the old threads and found a short driveby clip, but all I could hear is the turkey.Does it give a nice psssh or just amplify the turk turk? (uhm)

it depends on supporting mods, i have the forge bov with the injen intake and all i really hear is turkey, if you come off the gas slow you can hear the forge, but other than that i get the turkey.

Doesn't matter though because in a couple weeks i'll have no turkey once i get my hi boost kit.

I have never stalled. I have an injen and a hardpipe from the IC to the turbo. I get an occasional turkey but its only noticable when you listen very carefully. All i hear is the Forge now. It also seems to have quicker throttle response.

Im running the forge diverter valve and there is no stalling at all. If you want the diverter valve I think I might be selling mine because im getting the HKS SSQV and there will be no need for it.

mspeed101 said:
Im running the forge diverter valve and there is no stalling at all. If you want the diverter valve I think I might be selling mine because im getting the HKS SSQV and there will be no need for it.

Like I said man, keep that Forge BPV and get the SSQV.;)

505zoom,
a lil off topic, is it also necessary to use a BPV with the Greddy BOV?

No stalling here...and I actually showed up at Forge to try to stall out in a BOV that was returned...never happened. PLus the guy who returned it got a new one and said it was okay.

I did have stalling the 1st few days if not the 1st week. I think the ECU eventually caught on.

jeffmsp said:
Pretty damn loud...see for yourself. download this video:

http://www.msprotege.com/members/spacemonkey/forgeBOVdriveBy.AVI

I was barely as full boost cuz I was trying to blow off right in front of the camera. it was a regular digital cam so the mic points in one direction. But its fairly loud...the 240 guys love it cuz it sounds "JDM."

only thing is it gets pretty hot under the hood. I've had this product since it 1st came out with absolutely no problems.

Back