Check engine light and rough running

PimpDaddyJ

:
Mazda Speed 2003
Well I think my motor may have finally baught it at 52,000km
Its been running strange for weeks and the check engine light finally came on a few days ago. Rough running, almost stalling, getting the occasional knock and I seem to have had a few detonations and fuel cut (while going up a hill). I just wondered about other members experience with this, and if it was the engine or some sensor and if they had trouble with it under warrenty.
Hopefully they dont bring up that there was a racoon caught in the radiator when i returned my last rental..... (naughty)

I have been using 93 and 94, both with same result, thought it might be the fuel at first, then i filled it with 46 L of 94, same thing through half the tank....also I don't beat on my car and always wait 1 min before i start driving, and 1 min before i shut it off

yes i doubt its anything with the engine with what you've said.
Just the CEL coming on regardless of what is wrong could make the idle a bit rougher, and more unreliable. Its running even more rich now because the CEL is on.

Car is stock except for the stereo, the only thing that bothered me was a slight pinging and knocking when driving through town, I'll find out in 7 days when its tested...maby its the curse of the racoon (cryhard) I should have remembered to remove it before returning the rental...poor guy

Ahh my old nemesis the EGR, we have met time and time again on the vehicle battle field, At least if it is the EGR I dont have the rediculous 500 to 5000 rpm surging constantly like in my jeep, had to time shifting from neutral to drive between surges so i didnt hit someones bumper or spin the tires or something.....ya that was safe....think its the lack of coffee thats making me ramble, thanks guys for the advice, hopefully it is something small, and i wont be without my car for 4 weeks or longer again...god knows the rental company will appreciate it

Back