jacking points

BlueWolfCry

:
02 LX, 03 MSP
I'm going to be painting my calipers and hubs tomorrow and before i do that, I need to know the jacking points. I want the whole car on 4 jack stands so I dont have to wait for the front to dry, then reassemble and thenjack the rear. Well, I've always used the dome as a jacking point for the front, but I don't know about the rear. The other guys did it by the side, but I'm not sure if thats correct or not cause my car looks like its about to fall apart. Also, after i jack the front and put them on jack stands, is it safe to jack the rear? will the front jacks tip over or anything? I'm just a little worried I'm gonna **** something up... and if anyone has done this (jacking car on 4 stands), can you give me a semi-detailed description of the procedure? i really appreciate it, thanks!

edit: also, exactly where are the 4 jacking points for the stands?

+ friction said:
WHAT%20-%20(1).jpg

ColormeJesus%26Lasar.gif

<DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]A man named Lazarus was sick. His sisters Martha and Mary sent word about his sickness to Jesus. When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's son may be glorified through it."[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Jesus loved Martha, Mary and Lazarus. Yet when he heard that Lasarus was sick, he did not go to Bethany where Lazarus lived, but stayed where he was two more days.[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Then he said to his disciples, "Let us go back to Judea." The disciples tried to talk him out of going to Judea, because a short while ago the Jews had tried to stone Jesus there. But Jesus told them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up." His disciples thought he meant natural sleep, but Jesus told them, "Lazarus is dead, and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him."[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus has already been in the tomb for four days. Martha went out to meet Jesus and told him, "Lord, if you had been here, Lazarus would not have died." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." Mary also wept and said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died."[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply sad. "Where have you laid him?" he asked. Jesus wept, and the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]They led Jesus to the place where Lazarus had been buried. His tomb was a cave in a rock, with a big stone laid across the entrance.[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Jesus gave orders to take away the stone. "But, Lord," said Martha, "by this time there is a bad odor, for Lazarus has been in the tomb for four days." Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" So they took away the stone. Jesus looked up on heaven and said, "Father, I thank you that you always hear me. May these people believe that you sent me." When he said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!"[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]The dead man came out alive, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."[/size][/font] <DD>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Therefore many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary, and had seen what Jesus did, put their faith in him.[/size][/font] </DD>

Familia323 said:
Lazarus could jack your car up for you.
I don't care if he came back once. By now, that dude it VERY DEAD and will not be jacking anything.

Last edited:
very dear?

Anyway... as far as actual jacking points... there is the cross member in front under the motor that has a "bulb" on it.. roud bulge basically... you can jack there... you can jack at the back on the little raised metal portion that sticks out of the main support where the swing arms connect from the tires to the body near the center of the rear of the car.

you can also jack on the side rails if you like.. that little folded over piece of metal. Best to jack where the two notches are that indicates where the spare jack goes.. but you can jack other places along there... just dents in a bit... you can also jack on the square frame tubes that are in from there.. but those always crush a lot...

Also can jack on parts of the swing arms and any point where frame or supports bolt into the frame of the car.

Hope that helps or something..

And btw.... Christian teaching states that none of us are dead after we die. Our spirit lives on... just not in this world... so Lazarus is still alive! :) Sorta...

Back