Cylinder 3 Misfire P0303 and stupid dealerships

DarDar

I've noticed several posts about misfire on this forum. To try to make a long story short.... My p5 started getting the CEL with code P0303 around 13,000 miles. :wtf: It's still a new car. Well, spark plugs are the quickest fix to see if that's the problem. I put in a set of Bosch Platinums and I was still getting the CEL. I took my car in to the dealer. They refused to touch my car with the Bosch SP's and they tried to sell me super cheapass SP's for $39.95. (pissed)

I put the OEM SP's back in. Of course, the CEL came back on with that same damn code. I'm pretty darn sure it isn't the SP's. I'm around 15,000 miles now. I took my car back in which is today and waited several hours for them to tell me that they are going to put some new NKG SP's in. I snapped at the guy about that is not likely to be the problem. I bet he thinks all girls are stupid about cars. The mechanic happened to walk in and I explained to him the situation. And please look at a few other things like the coils etc. I also told them about a few items from the NHTSA bulletin and they are going to flash the computer for that. So it'll be 2 hours more. (eek2)

When 2 hours was all most up and different guy comes over to me and says, "Oh you've been here long enough, so we're going to give you a rental car for tonight." And also your fuel injector is bad. (bang) I knew there had to be something else. All I know now is that they better have my car fixed. I'll freak if that CEL comes on again.

Enterprise picked me up. They tried to give me a crappy Neon!!! (blarf) I ended up with a stupid Grand Am. I swear Pontiacs are lunchboxes on wheels!! Oh well, it's tranportation.

The dealer my car is at is supposed to be #1 service for repairs. I don't see how. Awhile ago something short circuit and blew a fuse over and over. I had them repair it and THEY FORGOT TO PLUG MY TAIL LIGHTS BACK IN. I started driving down the road and noticed it some how. I had to turn back. I bet they really felt like dumbasses! (braindead That would have been lovely if someone rear ended me! I think next time I'll have to drive acrossed town to another dealer...

After all the lies and tricks I have gone thru with dealerships just to buy a new car, I would never in my life ever go back there to even get my car washed let alone worked on....

Warranty??? Good one... Do I worry about a lemon?? No way.... As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing... The only lemon is the mechanics working on a car....

The odds of a car... in itself being a lemon is crazy.... A car is nothing but a million parts put together to make a whole.... If one fails.. it needs replaced.

I have the ability to replace any given part on my car, and I take the responsiblilty to do so.... Giving another the same to diagnose the problem and repair it puts me at their mercy. I am not willing to do that.

If I am capable enough to purchase a used vehicle and be resposible for it and all of its needs, then what makes a new one any different?

I do not trust them with my investment, that is all... is that so ridiculous?

The terms they put on voiding waranties is just as obsurd.. am I alone?

Girl... if you know what is wrong with your ride.... fix it.... otherwise you will be doing nothing other than feeding the wolves when they are hungry...

And they will always be hungry for your $$$

Back