Installed Intake Camshaft from corksport

DiS

In Soviet Russia...
Contributor
:
2016 Subaru WRX Crystal White Pearl
Hey all. Eh, yesterday I went to Kooldino's house and spent almost 11 hours there installing the J-SPEC 2.0 FS-ZE intake camshaft. We dyno'ed my car few times before the installation and I had 121 whp. Although after the installation the dyno was off. 1st it was telling us that I had 152 whp, then 114, then 121. But I definetly feel the increased power in high range rpm. Pull much faster in high rpm than before. Well here are few pics.

In 1st pic, the J-SPEC 2.0 FS-ZE intake camshaft is on top, stock on the bottom, 2nd and 3rd pics show that stock shaft is more pointier than J-spec shaft. 4th pic...Kooldino lubbing the J-spec shaft with some oil and 5th pic is the shaft is in the engine.

Attachments

• Camshaft 001.jpg
    Camshaft 001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,235
  • Camshaft 003.jpg
    Camshaft 003.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Camshaft 004.jpg
    Camshaft 004.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Camshaft 007.jpg
    Camshaft 007.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,247
  • Camshaft 008.jpg
    Camshaft 008.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,308
11 hours to install a cam shaft , what the hell where you guys doing?

1FASTMP5 said:
damn! 11 hrs????? it took me and a buddy 2hrs and i was all (stoned)
Well you need to come over and install one for me! (burnout)

Is it really worth the $200 for the cam?

Replica said:

it picks up a few extra ponies and the top end is better, i got mine used for $125.00 so you can shop around a little

hehe, well we cracked a socket while trying to remove the UDP. Good thing it was a craftsman, so we went to sears and exchanged it. That took us about an hour. Then we were bs'ing for about another 2 hours including ciggarette breaks and food and drinks, hehe. Then freaking aligning of cam gears was real pain in the arse, so it took us a while. Gotta love it!

Replica said:

i have both cams so im not sure if only one cam is worth it or not.....but hell, every little bit helps! right(headbang)

on the other note...ITS DEFINERTLY WORTH OF A 200 DOLLARS!!!!! (evil) Soon to come a custom exhaust!

it took me and buddy to install both the intake and exhaust camshaft about 2hrs tops, with breaks. I guess, as long as you got everything right, and works perfectly the first time, more power to you

AnthonyO3 said:
it took me and buddy to install both the intake and exhaust camshaft about 2hrs tops, with breaks. I guess, as long as you got everything right, and works perfectly the first time, more power to you

Never works out for me like that. Just look at my UDP installation. Took me and my buddy about 4 damn hours. Freaking crazy. 1st of all we didnt really know what we were doing therefore spent half of the time calling the support line for unorthodox...hehe

hey we all have to learn sooner or later, good job though, glad that everything came out for the good

you said it fellas! Now as soon as I will install the kartboy shifter bushings its time for another track run (nana)

DiS said:
Hey all. Eh, yesterday I went to Kooldino's house and spent almost 11 hours there installing the J-SPEC 2.0 FS-ZE intake camshaft. We dyno'ed my car few times before the installation and I had 121 whp. Although after the installation the dyno was off. 1st it was telling us that I had 152 whp, then 114, then 121. But I definetly feel the increased power in high range rpm. Pull much faster in high rpm than before. Well here are few pics.

In 1st pic, the J-SPEC 2.0 FS-ZE intake camshaft is on top, stock on the bottom, 2nd and 3rd pics show that stock shaft is more pointier than J-spec shaft. 4th pic...Kooldino lubbing the J-spec shaft with some oil and 5th pic is the shaft is in the engine.

PUT THE JOINT DOWN.....

can i just install it with stock ecu? and IHE,pnp, haedworks, UDP? can i just install dis all together? just reset my ecu?

guy's im curious. what's the difference between the jspec intake camshaft and the mazdaspeed camshaft?

Back