Audio FAQ

i like all the head up your providing me. will take this all in to consideration later on when i look to upgrade my sound system
- Alpine:
Alpine was my former favorite but have lately been cheaping out. There regional rep even told our installer that they no longer offer most of there units with 4 volt preouts becuase people simply don't care about sound quality anymore, which I agree with. TO many people run MP3s and sat radio now which is taking audio quality backwards by about 20 years. Becuase of this, only there top of the line stuff offers the real perfomance and even then its got that glide touch crap that I hate.

- Blaupunkt:
I don't trust any of there products, I have seen to many break. We even have an XM peice of theres that we all refuse to sell.

- Clarion:
Alright product but generaly obnoxious to use. The higher end touch screen headunits suck.

- Denon:
No longer made I belive but one of the best ever sold when they were.

- Eclipse:
Seperaticly problematic. Each year a different model number or 2 is crap for realiability. Absolutely GREAT sounding units though.

- JVC:
Decent reliability, nothing special about them though. No real performance.

- Kenwood
CRAPTASTIC

- Nakamichi
Very few options and they have spoptty realibility like eclipse but are also a great sounding unit. The only way to go if you like things simple.

- Panasonic
Good perfomance per dollar but they become hooky in there higher models. Basicly they are like Clarion in alot of ways.

- Pioneer
The most solid units built today. They perform well and will play discs that no other units will. I would pioneer if I was to buy a radio today. They also have great features per dollar and the features are actualy usefull. They have best tuners.

- Rockford Fosgate
I do not believe they still make any. The originals were great performers but had there problems. The last ones were nothing to even look at.

Back