Cheap engine upgrades

40mpg? Please tell me the secret LOL. I have a stock '02, it's automatic so I know I take a hit there but I don't think I even come close to 40.

Some people may exaggerate, but a light foot and a well taken engine, transmission, and driveline go a long way.

People have done over 50mpg, but for that, you need to lose weight, reduce rolling resistance, etc.

My 2001 protege es was A/T 79 miles per hour was getting 40 at best cruse engaged. Tires were max pressure for hwy use. Z- max oil fuel transmission additive. K&n air filter and a tornado fuel saver. I drove for a living no joke.

11yr thread revival................FTL..........there is no magic, just magicians trying to sell it.

My 2001 protege es was A/T 79 miles per hour was getting 40 at best cruse engaged. Tires were max pressure for hwy use. Z- max oil fuel transmission additive. K&n air filter and a tornado fuel saver. I drove for a living no joke.

So by obstructing your intake, putting in a clean filter, and adding mineral oil, you were able to reach 40 mpg? Haha, that may be "no joke" but it sounds pretty hokey to me...

I'm only able to pull 31 mpg with my sportauto not using mineral oil...................

you could try hho lol. the theory makes sense but you would need a lot more hho than you can make on those "Bubbler" things. people have experimented using hho welder boxes to get enough hydrogen gas, but two of them drawing far more current than a car can easily supply could only run a lawnmower engine.. sorta.. heh.

i guess with a bank of lithium batteries and a big enough wetcell you could make enough fuel savings on a p5 heh. but only on the dyno.. wetcells are made of stainless steel laminations and neoprene. even if lithium polymer batteries are light, a big brick of stainless kinda isnt.

Back