Wheel Bearing

I have to replace one of my wheel bearings, and was wondering if anyone has ever had to do this before. I got a quote at 150 bucks, which 63 are for the part. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get this part cheaper. And if you have changed it by yourself, was it a tough job?, because I'm thinking of doing this myself to save the 90 bucks on labor.

I have never done it on a Mazda but I did replace my fronts on my old Oldsmobile. All in all I'd say a total of $150 isn't that horrible of a price - when I did the oldsmobile it was difficult enough that personally I would pay somebody $90 to do it. That's my opinion.

I paid nearly $400 for two front wheel bearings and a FL rotor on my saturn...thats including only $70 for all the parts(got a hookup), so Id say that is a very good deal.

yeah, theres a point where you can justify letting someone else do bad work for a good price, even though it can easily be done yourself...we just dont have time for that:D

um to be honest, my friend did it to his car, it was a pain in the ass. He ****** something up and costed more money to get it fixed again. I would have it dont by a mechanic so you know ti gets done right and saves u money in the long run.

Cheap work isnt goog, Good work isnt Cheap

Back