looking for a racing seat style car seat for kids

Masshole

:
2002.5 Protege5
I've got my first child on the way now, and a few of my friends told me that they have seen a racing seat style car seat. Out of curiosity has anyone else purchased one of these: if so, who manufactures them, where can I find them, and how much do they cost roughly? I have tried a lot of the local shops, and nobody had anything similar.

Thanks

Good luck finding a cool lookin' car seat. I looked all over the place trying to find one and finally gave up. The one I have now looks like crap, but it is the easiest to use and it was highly recommended by several sources.

Think of it this way. The right car seat for you is the one that protects the kid the best. PERIOD. The first thing I would recommend is to check something like Consumer Reports, Parents Mazazine, etc. to find what the recommend.

Also, your first car seat should definitely be the newborn carrier with the base. It is SO MUCH EASIER on the baby, and if he/she falls asleep in the car, you won't have to wake them up just by taking them out of the car seat -- you can just pick him/her up in the carrier and tote them around. It'll last until the baby's about 6 mos.

Then buy a larger seat that they won't outgrow.

The other thing to remember is these seats that brag about "never outgrowing" are HUGE! Take one of them and turn it backwards and recline it, which is where it will be until your kid is 1 year old and 25 lbs., and you'll find that you're kissing the steering wheel in ANY Proteg. I would highly recommend buying the big one AFTER the baby can sit forward-facing.

Dr.Zoom has the simpson. goto simpson's website and you can order it. The recaro has all kinds of safety technology and is $$$$$$

Back