Book Value

Crock

:
Totaled
How can I find the book value of my MSP. I looked on Kelly Blue Book and they don't have it listed. 2003.5 MSP with just under 9K miles. It has Lojack too.

I'm looking because I want to make sure I don't get hosed by my insurance company when they offer a settlement because it's now totaled.

You will recieve about 80% of what its worth they will probly pay it off and that will be good for you. And then you can buy it back from them cheap and make alot of money off the car. I hope your ok wreck looks bad did you roll it. I work for a dealership i can get you a book figure.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. Technically - it's a limited production car - but, it's only listed as a protege in NADA Books. Might want to fax them a copy of the dealers invoice.

It was a rollover. There is a thread a few pages back with more pictures titled "Yellow MSP bites the dust - Wear Seatbelt". It happened this past monday. Luckily, I came out of it unharmed.

Before I can look for a new car I have to get all this insurance stuff settled.

My insurance company got a copy of the window sticker when I started the policy but I really have no idea what book value of the car is worth. They could probably quote me something low and I wouldn't have anything to know if its wrong.

Crock said:
It was a rollover. There is a thread a few pages back with more pictures titled "Yellow MSP bites the dust - Wear Seatbelt". It happened this past monday. Luckily, I came out of it unharmed.

Before I can look for a new car I have to get all this insurance stuff settled.

My insurance company got a copy of the window sticker when I started the policy but I really have no idea what book value of the car is worth. They could probably quote me something low and I wouldn't have anything to know if its wrong.
Logically they are going to figure it this way. Look at a standard protege, and figure a percentage based on the MSRP vs. current value. Then apply the same percentage of depreciation against your car.

Then again - it's just a guess.

Ok i looked into it for you. I called my dealership and talked to the used car mgr. he said in there kelly book ther is no listing but in the Black book which the used car auction uses its worth between 14,000 and 17,000 on its cleanliness. so i would go with 17,000 insurance goes with higher price because they want to pay it off and make money.

I just checked edmunds. Now I have something in front of me to go on.
ZMN, thanks to you too. I hope my insurance company thinks like you and goes with the higher price.

Back