Docking station Carputer project?

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Docking station for my project?

I would love to get a docking station for my HP laptop (Pavilion N5190) Yes its old, but it works! I have had a hard time finding one though. :( Even on EBAY! I would like to use this for my Carputer project. If anyone has any good leads to where I would find such a docking station, please let me know!

Port Replicators?

I guess this is a start: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

It is the HP PORT REPLICATOR HP F2025A
I guess what I am really looking for is a docking station, with a roof on it for supporting a Monitor like in a desktop application.

Attachments

• F2025A.JPG
    F2025A.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 238
  • F2025A_ports.JPG
    F2025A_ports.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Cool deal man. On the real, even though Ahmad doesn't chime in here, he has been very helpful offline.

Well, I have the Routis software installed. (thumb) Just waiting on my Deluo GPS receiver that should be here tomorrow. The next item I need is the screen, and then my project will be complete!!! I have a feeling I won't have the screen for a while. :(

Ok, I got the Deluo GPS receiver yesterday and tested out my GPS setup last night. I put the Deluo on top of my laptop, and walked around my apartment complex, and it works great!!!! I guess next I will try out the routing (point to point that is voice guided!). Now all I really need for my setup is a good vga/lcd screen. I already have 3 RCA screens, but the quality of the picture would be s***!

Back