Blinking Check Engine Light under ACC

pchen

When I turned my key to "ACC" prior to starting my 3 today, all the warning lights showed up as usual but after 15 seconds, the "check engine light" will blink for like 6 times and then stop. Is this happening to everyone else's 3's? Just want to make sure that this is normal (the CEL does not show up while the engine is running).

There is a code stored in your PCM, more then likely. I know on alot of cars, if you leave the car in ACC, it will blink the ammount of times what the code is. I dont know for sure on the 3's, take it to dealer and have them scan and clear the PCM. :D

It's trying to tell you that it needs to be washed...my car does that all the time. I just kick it in the teeth and it stops for a couple of days.

When I turned my key to "ACC" prior to starting my 3 today, all the warning lights showed up as usual but after 15 seconds, the "check engine light" will blink for like 6 times and then stop. Is this happening to everyone else's 3's? Just want to make sure that this is normal (the CEL does not show up while the engine is running).

Mine does this too. Turn key to on, after 18 seconds exactly, it flashes 7 times exactly then stays solid from there on out. The dealership told me it was a lamp check, but I don't believe that. I am still researching this.

Back