jacking points

popnfresh

hi everyone, i'm a noob, but have a 3" catless apex downpipe i want to install as my first mod. prob is, it doesn't say in the manual how to jack up both front tires at the same time. can anyone take a pic of the front jacking point? i think i know where it is, but i don't want to rip anything off the car when i try to lift it (hand) . or, should i just lift one side first, place the jack stand, then lift the other side? I really want to learn to do this myself so i can go back to stock whenever i want. thanks! (thumb)

use jackstands. period.

a good place to use the jackstands are where the lower control arms are at.(the arm from the brake to the chasis).

either use jackstands, or get rhino ramps. you'll need two (2) jackstands to lift the front end up off the ground

thanks for the tips. i was already going to use jackstands to support the car once i had it lifted. i have a jack and a pair of jackstands already. i guess my main question is where do i lift the front from, and where do i place the jackstands once lifted.

read the manual. it'll show you a spot near the sides of the car that has two bumps/notches that mark the area that the stands should be placed

I know there are about a zillion threads on this because I had the same problem when I joined 8 months ago & didn't know how to do this either. Use the search to check out those threads, but basically invest in 4 jackstands & a good floor jack.

The front jacking point for raising both front wheels at once is the round dome shaped bracket under the transmission/engine. It's a little towards the driver's side and very near the front bumper. Put the jackstands under the frame rails about a foot in towards the center from the front door hinges and behind the front wheels. This will solidly support the front of the car so you can safely crawl under there and take off the exhaust. BLOCK THE REAR WHEELS AND SET THE PARKING BRAKE FIRST. Be safe, have fun.

exactly what i needed to know. thanks

MSP Pro said:
The front jacking point for raising both front wheels at once is the round dome shaped bracket under the transmission/engine. It's a little towards the driver's side and very near the front bumper. Put the jackstands under the frame rails about a foot in towards the center from the front door hinges and behind the front wheels. This will solidly support the front of the car so you can safely crawl under there and take off the exhaust. BLOCK THE REAR WHEELS AND SET THE PARKING BRAKE FIRST. Be safe, have fun.

Back