Delsing Motorsport update for April

Ok, sorry about the delay with the update post, as PING explained in another post, this is not my full time occupation and there have been some interesting "life" issues which took priority.

So, on to the update, Ping has been doing a great job in testing different bushing configurations. I believe we will settle on the zerk fitting polyurethane set, but is not set in stone as of yet.

The pricing is still not set due to the fact I am trying to keep the cost down and the quality up. This has been a bit of a challenge to get a firm low bid from a fabricator to jig and weld the brackets together. All the pieces are cut. It will happen soon.

I am picking up all the aluminum pieces for the brackets and big bar, along with the end links, Friday. Then off to the anodize guy the following week. The bolts for the brackets will be brought to be nickel plated that week also.

What will result from this initial run of parts is this, 25 sets of brackets, of which at least 5 will be dedicated for 5 big bar kits, around 15-20 sets of billet end links, and 5 sets of camber plates.

Thanks for the continued interest!!!!!!

Godspeed!
Dave

Wow, cant wait to see how fast those sell out, Ill be the first one to pick one up, regardless of price :)

Sweet! Thanks Dave! With my luck I'm going to forget to check for new messages the day the waiting list hits the forum. :)

*wonders how much caffine it's going to take to keep me awake until my name is on the first group buy*

Micaspeed - Do you have any information about the wheel spacers?

I have emailed these guys several times with no reply. There is no phone number on their site and I am very interested in the Wheel Spacers. Can anyone help?

BUMP FOR INFO.

uhhh - Dave, man, I think we're 'agonna need more than 25... !

Update on zerked PU bushings - cannot feel a difference between the black and red zerked but have not really pushed the reds yet. Will be taking a few pics of the install this weekend, but bear in mind that I have a prototype setup, as such the plating was not done and therefore the corrosion resistance of the production setup isn't there. I've also been "endurance and foul weather" testing, meaning no cleaning and a lot of grit/salt/crap. The attached pics are old but show the kit with several bushing setups as well as one side installed on my black mica MSP (with snows on).

For those not reading the other updates, the kit tightens the rear end up without adding harshness; the differences I've noted are not huge but are noticable, except the last one which is major:
- Tighter, more "planted" rear end (noticable)
- more consistent feel in corners, reduced "hitch" when hitting midcorner bumps (you'd need a sensitive, calibrated butt-o-meter to notice but it's there - car's balance and turn-in remain exceptional)
- More willing to rotate on command, but predictable and balanced (noticable)
- Slight increase in "head toss" on uneven roads (minor but noticable)
- Ability to adjust "corner weighting" via bushing height adjustment (may not make production - need to confer with Dave - this may be desirable for some and not others)
- NO CLUNK (major huge and great) after ~2,200 miles.

More as soon as Dave gets it. I'll post a few pics later this weekend but here's one or 2 to whet your whistle. Bear in mind that this isn't Dave's full time job and he does his best - good guy.

Attachments

• 000_0076.jpg
    000_0076.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 429
  • bracketTH.jpg
    bracketTH.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 395
ping said:
uhhh - Dave, man, I think we're 'agonna need more than 25... !
Thank you guys for all of the work that is going in to this. I have a question. I have been wanting to put on a better rear bar than the stock (got a P5) and the MP3/MSP RB bar was on the list of acceptable replacements. I have read that I will need to have a different rear cross member to mount the brackets. This kit looks like it would eliminate the need for a replacement crossmember since the brackets mount to the Delsing peice. does this sound right? Instead, I would mount the new peice to the car, mount the bushings to the new peice, and away I go. Or am I not looking at this properly? I hope I am right...
I have been following these threads for the last couple of months and am eagerly awaiting their release...

Subscribing. Can't wait to get the Klunk Fix and looking at the spacers too. Got the AutoX bug and did my first one two weeks ago. Love it! If anybody's in Denver on the 22nd of May, look for me (907DS).

Back