remote start and factory alarm HELP!

davedag

I installed a remote start system today with the existing stock alarm my protege. Problem is if I use the remote start with the alarm on, it makes the alarm go off. If I disarm the alarm, it automatically unlocks the doors, and I can not re-arm the car once the remote start is going. Does this mean if I use the remote start in a parking lot I need to keep my doors unlocked?? Please anyone!! Any ideas on a work around??

I cant answer your question coz I dont have a alarm nor a auto starter.......
But I would like to know if it was hard to install the remote starter yourself ?? Any problems ?? How long it took ?? etc.....thanks in advance !!

The remote start was not very hard to install. The ignition wires that they list are incorrect, but it is very simple to figure out which ignition wire is which with a voltage meter. If you end up buying a remote start, and have any problems, send me an email @cawdag@yahoo.com I'll be happy to help you out.

You didn't say what brand or model of remote start you got, but anything worth a hoot would have some type of feature or wiring for "sensor bypass". That would interrupt your sensor's input to the alarm while you remote start it.

Back