94 protege horn

holman9620

:
94 mazda Protege
recently, my 94 protege horn has stopped working. The problem is I cannot find it. Does anyone know where the horn is located.

Don't touch it quite yet. Try replacing the horn pad under the steering wheel cover. It's $10-$15 from the dealer, and fails quite often. Even if it's not the problem it's probably worth replacing anyway, as they wear out and cause the horn to start going off in the middle of the night. Check the fuses, too.

go to the junkyard and get some extra horns...they are all over the place...if you hear a relay click.the horn button in car is good if not that is prolly an issue

charles said:
Don't touch it quite yet. Try replacing the horn pad under the steering wheel cover. It's $10-$15 from the dealer, and fails quite often. Even if it's not the problem it's probably worth replacing anyway, as they wear out and cause the horn to start going off in the middle of the night. Check the fuses, too.

Is it easy to replace, what tools do I need?

There are three screws on the back of the steering wheel to remove the cover. Take those off and you should see what to do.

Help on the horn!

Hey guys! I'm new to this site and was directed here to find out how to fix my horn, which just quit working. I have already checked the fuses and I also changed my horn pad, but my horn still doesn't work. I can hear it clicking when I press on the horn,but what do I do next?? And how do I get to the horn in the bumper?? I would appreciate any help you could give me!!

Back