Synthetic Oil Change in Rosenthal Mazda

FunkyCold5

:
2003 Black Mica MSP
My lovely MSP is reaching 12,000 and I was going to get my oil changed and tired rotated at Rosenthal this week.

I was planning on switching to synthetic and wanted to know if anyone in VA went to a dealership, hopefully Browns or ROsenthal, to do the switch. How did it turn out, and you guy know what type of synthetic oil they use?

Also, is it alright once I've switched to synthetic, to do routine oil changes at 6,000 miles or is that cutting it close? I rotate my tires ever 6k, so I wanted to just go to the dealership and do both every time I change my oil. Any input would be appreciated, espeically from NOVA MSPers who has done this. Thanks.

I switched with the first oil change to Synthetic on the Pro-5.. I had Dave's service team do the service at Brown's Fairfax. They topped off all the fluids, checked air pressures, etc.. car came out clean. Cost me about 50 bucks. Just performed my own 7500 mile service over the weekend... Full synthetic oil change, K&N oil filter, Tire rotation, and Rain-X washer fluid. Also added a bottle of Redline Watter-Wetter to the cooling system. Total cost in parts was about 40 bucks.

Dan
P.S.- I only use Mobil 1 in my cars... 10w-30 in the P5, 0w-30 in the RX-7

Lt. Dan said:
I switched with the first oil change to Synthetic on the Pro-5.. I had Dave's service team do the service at Brown's Fairfax. They topped off all the fluids, checked air pressures, etc.. car came out clean. Cost me about 50 bucks. Just performed my own 7500 mile service over the weekend... Full synthetic oil change, K&N oil filter, Tire rotation, and Rain-X washer fluid. Also added a bottle of Redline Watter-Wetter to the cooling system. Total cost in parts was about 40 bucks.

Dan
P.S.- I only use Mobil 1 in my cars... 10w-30 in the P5, 0w-30 in the RX-7
What intervals would you change your synthetic in? every 4k, 5k, or 6k? Is it different for every brand? I was hoping to put 10w-30 in mine.....but was going to use whatever Rosenthal Mazda has......is this a bad more?

Andrew

Back