rear end squeak

JeRNuT

Today I decided to drive with the radio off. The then hear this really bad but not to loud squeak from the rear suspension. I have gotten the clunk fixed and this is nothing like that was.

If I push on the rear of the car I can duplicate the sound. Has anyone else had this before? Just checking before I call the dealer tomorrow.

I will let you all know what the problem is when I find out.

JeRNuT said:
Today I decided to drive with the radio off. The then hear this really bad but not to loud squeak from the rear suspension. I have gotten the clunk fixed and this is nothing like that was.

If I push on the rear of the car I can duplicate the sound. Has anyone else had this before? Just checking before I call the dealer tomorrow.

I will let you all know what the problem is when I find out.

I have this very bad also. When I plop down my 170lbs it does it too. I honestly do not have the time to drive to the dealer. I tried silicone spray but it didn't help.

JeRNuT said:
I hear it when I get in and out also. I will keep ypu all informed as we progress the issue.
Just an FYI....I have the D bushings....I guess(confused)

The front problems are the sway bar bushings. If it happens worse in cold weather and seems to get softer as the car heats up that's it for sure.

As far as the back one, double check that the bolts holding in your busings are fully screwed in. If you don't have the E series bushing go get them. I called 4 dealers here in Dallas and found one that had it in stock and one that would get the next shipment in 2 days. The cost ranged from $11.50-$14.50 each. I picked them up and replaced them myself in about 2 hours (check page 2 of the common MSP problems thread for steps on how to do this). After a test drive I still had some squeaking so I crawled back under and realized I hadn't screwed in one of the bolts all the way. Even though there was very little play in the bar, it was enough to cause the squeak. A few more turns with the wrench and the squeaks are now gone.

If you don't want to buy new bushings without kowing this is the problem just put the rear of your car on jackstands crawl underneath and give your swaybar a slow but forcefull pull/tug downward. I bet you'll here the squeal. If not then the problem lies elsewhere, maybe an improperly seating spring?

I have this same exact squeek. Funny thing is it started when I got my car back from the dealer for a front suspension noise. It's the same push on the trunk and hear the squeek deal.

Keep us posted if you find anything out.

I have it now that they finally fixed the clunk. It is supposed to go in next week to get the front and rear squeaks fixed.

Britt

This seems more common then I thought. I never had this before the new bushings.

It is completly different then the crunch in the front. not as loud as the front but it happens more often.

I have had the fronts checked and they told me the first thing mazda wanted them to try was to lube the spring seats, and if they didnt work they would replace the bushings.

Make sure when they change your bushings that they use silicone GREASE and not just silocone spray. I have the same squeek but haven't gone in yet.

JeRNuT said:
This seems more common then I thought. I never had this before the new bushings.

It is completly different then the crunch in the front. not as loud as the front but it happens more often.

I have had the fronts checked and they told me the first thing mazda wanted them to try was to lube the spring seats, and if they didnt work they would replace the bushings.

I had a noise in the rear of my car to. It was noticable if i drove over any imperfection in the road but I couldnt hear it by pressing down on the rear, Mazda replaced the sway bar end links under warrenty and havent heard it since. I got an 03.5 msp

the best thing I've come across so far is wheel bearing grease and brake lube...took care of my squeek in the back, and damn if it didnt just start in the front...the sway bars are def the culprit...

Yea... mine does it too. Mostly when the car has been driven for a while. I also have the front end "squeaky bed" thing when the weather is cold.

got mine fixed by the mazda tech that owns a msp he lube the sway bar with white lith grease its done the job so far

Back