Amp picking up separate radio station?

Str8Dwn

:
P5
Ok, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I have a brand new Hifonics ZX6400 powering a Solo 12L5 with the remote bass boost installed. When I turn the radio volume down all the way, and the bass boost all the way up, I can hear what seems to be a radio station (not one I've ever listened to either) in the sub (just barely since the X-over is at 100hz).

Has anybody heard of this, and even better, how can I fix it? I did installs for about 3 years, so I am no expert, but feel confident my install work is solid. I can't detect any ground loop (engine whine), so I have no idea what in the world it is. Thought I'd check here before I called Hifonics in the morning.

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:
Well you've got me beat on install experience. I'm not sure how the heck it'd be doing it. Does it pick up the station with CDs playing, too?

servoeyes said:
Well you've got me beat on install experience. I'm not sure how the heck it'd be doing it. Does it pick up the station with CDs playing, too?
Yes, it does. I first noticed it between tracks. Only thing I can think of is a problem with the phone-type cable going between the remote and the amp is somehow acting as an antenna.

Back