coolant leak / warranty work

jus10 msp

well everyone i just wanted to let yall know that i took my car in to get the coolant leak fixed. i took it to CAPITAL MAZDA IN RICHMOND VA. they would not fix it because of my fmic. they said that it was the cause the leak. it is because they said the car is overheating. there dumb asses. the temp. is the same as it was when stock. they also said they couldn't find and they have not heard of this problem. the service manager was rude. they want to void my warranty. need some help?

thanks justin h

ps i fixed the leak with atv silicion on the hose.

print out the tsb. tell them the intercooler prevents overheating. tell them they cant void the warranty because only mazda NA can.

Call mazda n/a and tell them you want to complain about your recent experiance at a Mazda Dealership, and you werent treated with the respect expected when you were visiting, and that they wouldnt do warranty work, and that they claimed they had the power to void your warranty.

1st I would call NA mazda and b**** the hell outta them for that dealer. Sound like my service manager...he claimed the reflash didnt exist till someone printed out a Email from Mazda NA. He told my buddy it was turbo lag....un 2 turbo lag? Turbo Lag on a T25? I feel some of the service manager need to be educated. A forum member said he went in becasue of bad gas milage and the dealer said it was his boost gauge...that he had a vacum leak...(uhm)

why didnt you take off the FMIC? Overheating? Its not like you ****** with the radiator...maybe he mistaked the FMIC for the radiator.

My local dealer said a aftermarket innercooler will void warrenty. They also said lowering the car will void electrical warrenty.

Well.... if ur just now getting the coolent leak u hv been lucky as hell , I hv had my car in 5 times and am working on the sixth time now I've had my car sense Aug. and hv less than 7000 miles on it. By Oklahoma limon law there out of chance's to fix it.

Its not a LEAK ! Its throwing the anti-freeze out the top of the anti-freeze bottal, they hv filled this bottal ever time I go in. I can not even drive 10 miles with out the smell of ANTI-FREEZE!

Last edited:
MY DEALER IS THE BEST FIXED EVERYTHING WITHOUT A WORD they saw all my mods fmic cai bov Even had another tech guy over to check it out They said it looked good Man iam glad i have a good dealership

hmm you guys say you experience all these problem but I havent experienced any problem. Bought mine back in September and have about 7000 miles. No leaks nothing. Been tot he dealer once, for a reflash. I hope I dont jinx myself but I feel bad for people who are bringing it back to be fixed.

I basically never take the side of the dealership....but it is conceivable that you could be overheating with a FMIC installed. It doesn't help prevent overheating like was stated above -- it can block some of the airflow going to the radiator thereby making it easier to overheat. Does anybody know if our temp "guage" is a true guage and not just a dummy light with a "gauge" display - i.e. when fully warmed up it will always show the needle in the same position whether it's over-heated or not.

i think the overheating problem is not possible. i have a slim line electric fan that runs when the car is started. the hose is the problem you can sqeeze it when the car is off and it leaks . they are asses at the dealership. also i've been waiting a month for my kenwood deck to come back from repair.

thanks justin h

Back