Disconnecting the battery to reset short-term ECU memory...

DirtySid

:
2001 MP3, blue, #504
After installing a new CAI/SRI, is it then necessary to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU? I can't remember where I read this!!!(boom05)

if you get a cel, then disconnect the battery, and step on the brake for a few minutes to kill the residual battery. turn it back on, and everything should be fine

zmepro said:
if you get a cel, then disconnect the battery, and step on the brake for a few minutes to kill the residual battery. turn it back on, and everything should be fine
Thanks, I don't remember if I did it on the last CAI i installed....it has been about 6 years...lol on my isuzu impulse, man i miss that car...lol!!!! I'm just now getting back into the scene, learning all the new stuff as well as brushing up on all the old!(laugh)

Ok, I dunno what's up but I didn't reset my ECU after installing my AEM SRI and it seems I'm having to buy gas every other day. Is there a tie between the two or am I on crack?

clownphish said:
Ok, I dunno what's up but I didn't reset my ECU after installing my AEM SRI and it seems I'm having to buy gas every other day. Is there a tie between the two or am I on crack?

I noticed the same after I installed my CAI without resetting the ECU. I have heard that this may be the cause. BUT I also notice I tend to drive in the higher rpm range now because that's where most of my gains have been (I'm not just refering to my CAI). I'm going to reset mine tonight after I install my UR pulley.

I've been driving more miles lately but they are not to unfamiliar destinations, i.e. I know about how far down my gas gauge should go and it seems to be going down quicker. Thing is, my hubby's an auto tech and he's all "I don't believe in resetting the ecu", I'm like, I don't care I'm sick of buying gas every day! Just yesterday I put $10 in and I have to get gas AGAIN today! WTF?

Back