Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!
Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!

Thread: Disconnecting the battery to reset short-term ECU memory...

2001 MP3, blue, #504

Disconnecting the battery to reset short-term ECU memory...

After installing a new CAI/SRI, is it then necessary to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU? I can't remember where I read this!!!

Don't let your meat loaf!
    Sid

Protege5

if you get a cel, then disconnect the battery, and step on the brake for a few minutes to kill the residual battery. turn it back on, and everything should be fine

MOCC MEMBER

DISCLAIMER: All Mazda corporate employees, Mazda dealerships, Mazda service personnel or employees, family, friends, or acquaintances thereof: This in no way constitutes an admission or acknowledgement of tampering, modification, usage, or alteration of any vehicle in my possession or component thereof in such a fashion as to void, cancel, deny or otherwise refuse service on any service contracts, warrantees, or recall notices covering said vehicles. This and other posts submitted on this, or any Internet forum, under the screen names "zmepro" simply represent an attempt to gain acceptance from a peer group espousing cars of a high performance nature - especially those that have been altered to improve, enhance, or otherwise modify the automobile's natural characteristics. Any statements, claims, or graphical representations made that would constitute a violation of any contractual agreement are to be considered fictitious and not to be accepted in any court of law, or similar environment mediated for the purpose of dispute resolution.

2001 MP3, blue, #504

Quote Originally Posted by zmepro
    if you get a cel, then disconnect the battery, and step on the brake for a few minutes to kill the residual battery. turn it back on, and everything should be fine
    Thanks, I don't remember if I did it on the last CAI i installed....it has been about 6 years...lol on my isuzu impulse, man i miss that car...lol!!!! I'm just now getting back into the scene, learning all the new stuff as well as brushing up on all the old!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

just go ahead and reset the ecu after installation man..won't hurt anything.
    i swear thats just a radiator in the pic below!! http://www.msprotege.com/members/Evi.../HPIM0041a.jpg

http://www.msprotege.com/members/mp5...pics%20003.jpg ---as you can see from the pics the car is stock....

"GIT R DONE" -larry the cable guy

What we need more of... clownphish's Avatar
    Donated: 5$<br>
    King Nub

2006 MINI Cooper

Ok, I dunno what's up but I didn't reset my ECU after installing my AEM SRI and it seems I'm having to buy gas every other day. Is there a tie between the two or am I on crack?

^expertly designed by Zray^

Bud Light presents... Real men of genius...Today we salute you, Mr. Forum Link Poster... mister foorum leee-enk p-OHH-STER... Boldly risking your e-reputation, you selflessly submit links to questionably funny content. whaaat the hell waaas thaaaat? Without your contributions, the Internet would be just another third-world country, starving for substance and recognition. HEEEELP me find this mov-ieee So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, you web troll, because the best things in life are free - with a paid subscription. The RX-7 Club knoowws aboooouuut youuuuuu Anheuser Busch, St. Louis Missouri. - This message brought to you by cyomega

'10 Stang GT / '06 Mazda5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by clownphish
    Ok, I dunno what's up but I didn't reset my ECU after installing my AEM SRI and it seems I'm having to buy gas every other day. Is there a tie between the two or am I on crack?
    I noticed the same after I installed my CAI without resetting the ECU. I have heard that this may be the cause. BUT I also notice I tend to drive in the higher rpm range now because that's where most of my gains have been (I'm not just refering to my CAI). I'm going to reset mine tonight after I install my UR pulley.
    CrazyCaker | Joe | '02 P5T | '06 Mazda5 GT | '10 Mustang GT

What we need more of... clownphish's Avatar
    Donated: 5$<br>
    King Nub

2006 MINI Cooper

I've been driving more miles lately but they are not to unfamiliar destinations, i.e. I know about how far down my gas gauge should go and it seems to be going down quicker. Thing is, my hubby's an auto tech and he's all "I don't believe in resetting the ecu", I'm like, I don't care I'm sick of buying gas every day! Just yesterday I put $10 in and I have to get gas AGAIN today! WTF?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.