how do you remove the rear door panel

Matthew said:
the how to doesnt work anymore all x's

I have never taken the rear door panels off.. I am a big front speaker guy. but I would imagine the rear door panel is very similar to the front one. I dont see how they would be much different. if you cant figure it out post.. I will go out and see what I can see on my door. lata

i cant figure it out. i took out the screws popped the tabs removed the door handle, and its stuck, possilbly in the upper right corner. im so ******* pissed cause i hate this s*** and i can never do it myself. im this close to paying someone to do this bulls***.

Matthew said:
i cant figure it out. i took out the screws popped the tabs removed the door handle, and its stuck, possilbly in the upper right corner. im so ******* pissed cause i hate this s*** and i can never do it myself. im this close to paying someone to do this bulls***.

I would start rubbing my ears and sayin "woo-sa" about now. it is cool. the bulls*** is what makes it worth it. when you are all done you will be proud of your install and your self.. plus.. if you take your car somewhere then you have to worry if they are treating your baby good.. I don ttrust people.. and if I had as much aftermarket stuff as you I would not feel safe.. but I worry about my car.. park in teh back and s***..

this forum is here to ask questions.. so dont feel bad.. I will look here soon.. .stay posted..

ok.. the only thing that I noticed is that there is a little black plastic screw on the upper corner (next to the front door). like where the door sills. other than that.. I think it is the same.. you may have to do somethign to the window button.. there is no window buttons on the front doors.. well like they are on the bakc door.

damn i cant figure it out...excuse my rant earlier, im out of my medication and i hadnt eaten 12 hours.

there is probably plastic plugs or something. dont be scared to tug. if you removed all of the screws, what else could it be?

i took the door handle off, though it kinda just dangled there it wasnt screwed in...but i couldnt get it up over the lock...do i need to take the door grip handle thing off?

somoene needs to do a how-to since the original one in the howto section doesnt work anymore...im afraid im going to break it...i already busted the left top tab off the left rear door...its not THAT noticable but im certianly not happy about it. and the worst thing was i didnt even accomplish everything.

take a break for tonight, Matt. I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning when I'm doing the spacers and my car's in the garage.

remove all screws, pull on handle towards you and slightly up in a diagonal fashion, pull hard its just tabs

Matthew said:
i took the door handle off, though it kinda just dangled there it wasnt screwed in...but i couldnt get it up over the lock...do i need to take the door grip handle thing off?

on the front door.. there are screws inside of the door grip handle thing. maybe there are some screws in there still.. servo is giong to check his also.. we will get the door off.

The big deal is that you have to pull off the cover of the door grip handle, it takes a VERY solid pull, I'm gonna go pop mine off agian to check and be sure, but I think you need to remove it form the front first then back, as it's got a "tab" that slides under the back...

Last edited:
Because I'm a good little b****...

Alright, I checked. Once again, it takes a VERY solid yank, you basically "peel" back the outer part of it, and then it's got a spring-clip up front and a slide-under clip in the rear. Sorry for the fuzzy pic, let me know if you need mroe detail, but the most I can say, really is just yank on it HARD. it won't break, it's a pretty solid piece.
It's probobally better to leave all of your bolts inplace and pull the cover off of the handle first, keeps everything that doesn't need to move from moving.

Attachments

• rrhndl.JPG
    rrhndl.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 87
yesterday was a bad day, maybe i just needed a break from the cold. ok so the handle isnt actually a full handle, i see. i pulled the front one off...hmmm.... im just worried about bending the door so it doesnt fit anymore...i already bent the rear portion of the window sill on the door and popped the tab (****) yesterday...its not THAT obvious, but still, it pisses me off. ill go give this another whirl today when i go to pick up different wire connectors (the ends were too small on the other ones that knuconeptz gave me) and some other odds and ends.

thanks again everyone, as always you are the best (bow).

Back