Is wilwood still only big brake kit?

p5sundevil

:
03.5 MidnightBlue p5
Researching brake upgrade options now, searched through this site and parts sites and so far wilwood looks like the only company with a tru big brake upgrade for our cars and it is for only 2 brake, not all four.

Because of this and the cost of the big brake kit I was leaning toward this path.
brembo cross drilled cadmium plated rotos oem size all 4 corners.
Hawk or Axxiss brake pads
SS brake lines
new fluids

eventually might upgrade calipers with a swap from another car that would fit(need alot of research here)

The point of this post is for info, on any other big brake or oem brake kits known, and I prefer info on whole kits, not just a set of slotted rotors, there are enough of those on ebay.

Also info on my option B plan I listed for upgrades, would anyone with knowledge and experience in this area do those in a different order, some not at all? others I didnt list?

Thx guys, I did search but mostly found info too generalized or too little info to begin with.

thx, that makes 2 in that category, but yet again it is 1600 for all that and for only 2 wheels. I plan on being able to do all four my way for under a grand although the rotors wont be quite as big.

I dont know maybe I can get just the front rotos from them or wilwood and then do the rest of the brake system on my own.

Rishie(ARD MP5) posted some pics of Endless kits, but I'm not sure if they were for the Protege or the 3.

If you go under RR-racing you will find 2 kits that fit our car. A 12in kit for $580+shipping, and a 13in kit for $1120+shipping. This the same company that has good prices on clutch and flywheel combinations. Good luck.

2k3 PrO RiDa said:
i thought stoptech made a kit too.i think they sell it on mazdaformance.com
StopTech is still in the development process. My neighbor makes the materials for StopTech and Rotora. The name of his company is Centric Parts. I have his contact information if anyone needs to order any brake stuff. They make rotors and brake pads for our car right now. The BIG brake kit is still in the process of being developed, however. He was helping me install my HKS SSQV just 2 days ago and I asked him about it. So this is current information. Let me know if anyone is interested in brakes, however. He said if they had enough interest, they would step up their plans, and perhaps offer some sort of group discount.
Laters... Nic

Endless Kit will be coming for the Protege 5. Price is yet to be announced. I can get details today on this kit.

be sure that the endless kit if it does come for the protege will be FAR FAR away from $1,000 range. their regular kits go for $2-4k easy.

if you can get the calipers and rotors at a decent price (maybe even close to dealer/W.D. costs even) and from there fabricate your own relocation brackets you could get close to that $1k marker.

Last edited:
any big brakes kits repacling all 4 oem's yet. If so lest the website, and how long untill finnished developing the StopTech

Back