OBX Underdrive Pulley

i didnt have a whistling noise. U might have an exhaust leak...either around the manifold or most likely the donut at the exhaust flange. Did u reuse your old one. Does it make the sound when reved in neutral/park? the header is alot of fun though :D

akhilleus said:
i didnt have a whistling noise. U might have an exhaust leak...either around the manifold or most likely the donut at the exhaust flange. Did u reuse your old one. Does it make the sound when reved in neutral/park? the header is alot of fun though :D

Yea Greg, I reused the stock flange. Tightened those spring loaded bolts all the way! My friends keep saying that its the way header suppose to sound. Eh I dont know, Ill ride on it for a while and we'll see what happens.

Little late on this thread but I just got the OBX UDP and will be installing it this week:

UDP.jpg

Does anyone know if I will need different size belts for this UDP??

Is it a must to torque the UDP bolt to 120lbs of torque? Don't have a torque wrench right now and I really want to install mine now. Anyone know about how many turns 120lbs of torque is??

Little late on this thread but I just got the OBX UDP and will be installing it this week:

UDP.jpg

New belts because of the smaller diameter pulley I think...someone else want to confirm for me.

UDP.jpg

yes..you will need to use gatorbacks 4050457 for the AC/PS and the 4040360 for the Alt/WtrPmp.

Is it a must to torque the UDP bolt to 120lbs of torque? Don't have a torque wrench right now and I really want to install mine now. Anyone know about how many turns 120lbs of torque is??

no..I guess its not mandatory for 120lbs...I've have had mine (UR) on for about a year and I just used a half inch drive to tighten it down while a friend stood on the brakes. Also use some blue thread lock.

Installed the OBX UDP:

There is the heavy ass stock UDP:
4606a628398c.jpg

Here is the glorious new OBX UDP:
9550c5ab985d.jpg

Comparison:
b0af6bd0668c.jpg

After having my dad put it in fifth gear and stomp on the brakes I was able to remove the stock and torque the new one on:
cd8d7a0534c4.jpg

0abda28057a0.jpg

Got the belts on and we are good to go!
02bc1c1c00c6.jpg

Looks nice...It was easy to install if you just remove the passenger wheel?

Yah, it was a fairly easy install, hardest part is just getting the UDP bolt on and torqued right when you put it back on. So yah, you just need to take the wheel well out, and the side of the underside engine mud guard.

OMG, your alt & water pump are gonna die since your turning them slower now! J/K...was reading some of that craziness from the first pages of this thread from yrs ago. Have had the UR for years, no problems, more low end to compliment the header. Enjoy.

OMG, your alt & water pump are gonna die since your turning them slower now! J/K...was reading some of that craziness from the first pages of this thread from yrs ago. Have had the UR for years, no problems, more low end to compliment the header. Enjoy.

Yah I raced in a snow rallyX yesterday and it ran great, noticed a bit of increase in exceleration.

Ya, I found an Uorthodox for $150shipped, but this is much cheaper still, so I'll go for it.

Back