Antifreeze Splattering

I recently lifted up my hood to see a crap load of dried up coolant on some of my hoses and around the engine bay. My resevoir still seems to be at the same level so I dont' think I have a leek. Take a look at the pictures I posted. Also take into account that I live in PA and its like 20 degrees here.

You have the beloved Coolant Leak. It's a hose coming off the radiator that T's to the turbo and the engine. Take it in and request the clamp and hoses be replaced.

Welcome to the board (hi)

pics

pics

Attachments

• picture 001.jpg
    picture 001.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 183
It looks like its both your hose clamp and resvoir. I had the same problem! First off I replaced those damn cheap squeeze clamps coming off the top hose of the radiator with worm clamps (like the ones that came in the Injen kit). That fixed that problem. Second the resvoir is bouncing so much because the bracket relocation for the Injen. I'm going to put a bracket in one of the top holes of the resvoir bottle to keep from bouncing.

Yep, coolant leak. The stealership fixed mine for me. Oh leave the spots there too. Some people have had problems that the dealer claims they did a pressure test and detected no leaks.

They can't argue with dried coolant.

thx

sounds good. I already made an appointment with the service center at my dealership. Maybe I'll get some new cheap hoses out of the fix. I want a metal coolant resevoir. Like the one Pirana has. I looked around Jegs and many other shops and not any of them have the one with the bracket that I need. Has anyone here done this mod and do you have pics.

Back