One Toke Over the Line

Bing

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
This all started with a bad idea turned worse. Let me start by giving you some back ground information. Believe me this is a ****** up story just read.

Back Ground:

I am Czeck and have a lot of friends that are Romanian and Hungarian. Anyway one of my old friends Corina was in Toronto for a few weeks and wanted me to come visit since we haven't seen each other in 4 years I said sure. We wanted to go to NYC for new years because that was the last place we saw each other 4 years ago before she went back to Romania. OK so I was staying in Toronto with Corina and her friends Bogdan and Maria. Bogdan and Maria used to live in Pennsylvania but now they are permanant residents of Canada. Bogdan has a Mercedes that is still licensed in Penn State with insurance there also. If Bogdan drives the car over the border he would need to pay duties of $30,000 to import to canada.

OK This is where the story starts:

Bogdan asked me if I would be willing to drive the car over the border so that we could drive it to NYC. My answer was let me call the border and ask if that would be ok. So the next day we called and asked. The person on the phone said "are you a US citizen?" I answered YES and then they said "is the car registered in the US?" I answered YES again and they said it should be no problem and that I am doing nothing illegal. So we decided to take are trip, and packed are bags.

Now you need to remember that I am an american the other 3 are Romanians and Bogdan and Maria are permanant residents to Canada. Also everyone has the proper paper work to enter the US.

So all of us made it to Niagra and we had to wait in a 3 hour car line to cross the border. It was originall the idea that Maria and I cross the border in the car and Bogdan and Corina cross the border on foot. The reason for this is Bogdan and the Duties and Corina had to fill out paperwork. Well it was my turn to wait in line with the car and everyone was out playing in the city or using the wash room or something. Well I was almost at the border and no one had returned yet so I called and just told everyone that I would go myself and they should all walk across and I will meet them in the US.

I made it to the checkpoint where they ask you for your passport and I gave it to the man. He asked me where I was going I said NYC. He asked me what I was doing there I said Visiting. He asked me whose car this was I said my friend Bogdan and I procedded to give him the registration. He asked me why I was driving my friends car and I told him that me and Bogdan where meeting up in NYC and that he had to go ahead on business without me and asked me to drive his car. He asked me a bunch of questions about Bogdan and I answered as best I could but told the man that he was a friend of a friend and I have only know him for a little while. The Customs officer put a orange sticker on my car and told me to go over to the garage so they can search my car.

I got to the garage and the officer made me go inside to a lobby to wait while they finish up the last car. I waited and an older officer came up to me and asked me a few questions one of these questions was "is anyone with you?" I told the officer that my friends had walked accross the border and are probably in the US getting coffee right now. The officer told me to sit down and wait until they could search my car.

Shortly I was called outside and they told me to move my car into the garage, but then they said no wait hang out here for a second. So while I was hanging out a younger officer came up to me this guy looked straight out of the god father movies and he continued to ask me the same basic questions that everyone else has to this point. I answered accordingly. A women officer came up to me and asked me some questions and made me go into the garage.

So I got in the garage and there was a definate scary looking officer there who was big with a shaved head. Now I know why I am a college student. The big guy told me to stay in my car while the four officers talked amoungst themselves. There was the women, god father, nazi, and another. The big guy banged on the back of the car as a signal for me to get out so I did and while exiting the car I asked him not to do that because it was not my or his car. He smirked and at this point I knew I was ******. So big guy told me to come over to the table and fill out a customs form so I did having nothing to claim except a canada bear I purchased. After I was done with the form he asked me to take off my jacket and sweatshirt and empty my pockets. I complied and after they searched me I was sitting in the cold 0c or 32f and as the big guy searched my wallet carefully I asked to put my jacket on and that was replied with a big NO, so I continued to shiver and sit in the cold. The officers finally told me to put on my sweatshirt but leave my jacket and I did. Then they asked me a few interesting questions including "Are you getting paid to drive this car over the border?" and "do you have anything illegal in the car?" I answered both with a NO and they stuck me in a little room while they searched the car.

I was nervous but really about nothing at this point and all I could do is wait for them to come and get me. This is when all the trouble started and I don't know why. The officer came in to the room one at a time and asked me questions individually including why are there so many bags in the car and where are you going and for what purpose. I answered all the questions and felt a little cross talked one of the problems is that I answered some of the officers earlier that I was bringing the bagage for my friends and the only officer I told that they had walked accross the border was the old man I assumed that he told the others this but apparently not.

The officers all came in again and asked me questions like "why is there womens clothing in the car?" at this point I realized that they did not all know that I had told the old man about my friends walking accross and I told them this. They all called me a liar and that I never told anyone this. I said that it was a mistake yes but a liar I was not. I told them to go get the man and ask him what I told him. They said they would. The officers returned without the old man but said that he said I never said that. I reitteratted that I did and asked to speak to the old man directly. They all said no and continued to call me a liar and ask me what I was smuggling. At this point nazi shaved head man put me in hand cuffs. As they continued to ask me questions and call me names. After that they left and I had a chance to think. I thought to myself I have done nothing wrong and am now detained against my will what should I do...

Well the officers ended up coming back in the room with me and asking me questions and cross talking. At this point I stopped them and told them that I have been detained against my will and in the USA that is an arrest and that I have not been read my miranda rights but even thought I have not I still have the right to remain silent and talk to my attorney. So I requested to use both of these rights the nazi officer said that I could not make any phone calles and grabbed my arms and pulled them up real hard. He said that he would give me one more chance to talk. I said that I would only talk to one of them and I would tell them the whole story from the start but I was sick of being accussed of things that I did not do and being cross-talked. The officer said no and continued to throw me into the wall busting my lip open.

At this point you are probably thinking yeah right but let me tell my story.

So the officers left and went back to the car while I lay on the floor of my little room and my lip is bleeding. The officers then return once more still calling me a smuggler and a liar and I say to them. "Go ahead and search the car you won't find anything because I have done nothing wrong I dare you to waste your whole day on this. And another thing I do not appreciate my own country treating me like a common criminal. Also may I please have a towel for my lip that you made bleed?" My request came with a no and I was picked up hard and thrown into the door while they told me that I needed to tell them what I was smuggling. I did not answer and they left again.

Finnally the boss officer came out and asked me where my friends where from that I have baggage for and as soon as I said the word romania without letting me finish my sentence and talk about canada he slammed the door. The other officers came back and told me that me and the car where being deported to canada for having too much unclaimed bulls***. I told them this was bull s*** and that you can't refuse a american citizen and a american car into the country for having too much clothing. They asked me if I wanted to go to jail and I said no and got in the car and left as fast as possible.

I called my friends and asked them to come back to canada because I got deported they did and I told them the story.

Trial 2:

My friends and me decided to wait in niagra and then rent a car the next day and go accross that way.

The next day we went to the rent a car place and found that they needed us to have insurance with liablilty of 1 million to go into new york state. None of us had this and we called the rent a car place in the states enterprise to be exact and asked them if we could rent a car with our insurance and if they could pick us up at the border. They replied with a yes and off we went.

We made it to the pedestrian border and my three friends were called up first bogdan and maria were let in right away and corina had to fill out paperwork. I was called up and the lady immediatly asked me if I had ever had trouble crossing the border before. I starred at her computer screen and quickly read the report about myself that mentioned the names of maria and corina because I had said there names the day before. I told her yes I had and that it was all a big misunderstanding.

Wait I need to tell some background info about the trip. Maria and Bogdan decided not to go to NYC with me and corina and just to see us off when the rent a car came to pick us up so they told the border that they were going to see the other side of niagra and coming back today.

Well the lady asked me why I was crossing the border today and I told her to rent a car and go to NYC with corina. She said why are your friends bogdan and maria with you I said that they were only coming to help get the rent a car. This is where are story clashed a little. She said that was not what they said they said they were only going to see niagra and I told her that maybe they just weren't being specific and that technically they only were going to see niagra from the other side. She made them come back and all of us sit down. The border officers let me go but deported and took away all my friends visa's. I was just about ready to cry at this point because visa's are hard to get sometimes. Finally one of the border guards took me outside.

He asked me why either me or my friends where lieing and I said that technically we weren't and he told me that I was lucky they weren't arresting me for illegal alien smuggleing and I told hime that it was not like I had them in my backpack. I also made the comment that in the free USA that I live in I am NOT allowed to have friends from another country or else. He got mad and said go to the US and left. I walked back to canada and waited for my friends.

We all got some coffee in canada and talked about what happened I appolotgized and we went back to toronto.

NO NYC THIS TIME

This is a true story hope you like it **** the border and with this terrorist alert thing we are losing more freedom by the second.

Americans are sick of criminals and terrorists walking across our border with Canada, Canadians are a bunch of pussies and will let anyone live in their country (but that is another story).

Sorry a bunch of asshats messed you up for no reason. You have to think about the type of person who would go into that kind of vocation (read power trip).

No it was a joke that apparently doesn't make since the line was susposed to be the border

Ceej said:
Americans are sick of criminals and terrorists walking across our border with Canada, Canadians are a bunch of pussies and will let anyone live in their country (but that is another story).

Sorry a bunch of asshats messed you up for no reason. You have to think about the type of person who would go into that kind of vocation (read power trip).

what an uneducated..... "cut and paste" repsonse....

Ceej said:

he is a ******* american citizen!!!

Wow,

Thanks for the support guys I hope that my story helps everyone out a little.

YP5 Toronto said:
what an uneducated..... "cut and paste" repsonse....

Didn't cut an paste it from anyplace.

At least I posted an OPINION and not some pathetic, inane comment about a person's opinion.

Asshat.

that story makes me sad. its saddenning as to the fact that we've taken our misconceived, over-dramatized (ala media) fears and put up a huge barrier to people from all over the world... to me it seems that we need to embrace the world; not shun it away and scrutinize why people want to come here (as we've advertised it as a "Freedom's Paradise" through gov't programs for so many years). I've got friends from across the world that email me with questions of why we don't like them... its sad.

Man that sucks I have crossed the border a couple times with minimal hassle. Sometimes just pretty much waved through. I would be hella pissed off though.

One time in the late 70s a bunch of friends and I passed over the border in a pick up truck full of stollen corn with me (in a black dracula cape) passed out, drunk as hell on top of the corn.

Ah......youth.

Again guys thanks for the support. I think that freedoms are being taken away from us and replaced by fear we need to worry about this and do what we can.

Read the foreign papers everyone hates america.

Damn, that's REALLY messed up. I'm glad it didn't turn out worse, but it sucks you couldn't vacation to NYC.

Back