headlight problem

mopiko

Contributor
2nd problem with my car:

my driver side headlight works sometimes, doesn't work sometimes.

I doesn't flicker on or off, first time happend in rainny day. Was driving around, stopping for places, and one time after parked at Wendy's for 15 minutes, turn lights on, driver side headlight no work...

2 stops later, was planning to go to pep-boys for new bulb, the headlight works again.

then works fine no problem for a week...

today, when I got into Holland Tunnel to NYC, turn on headlight for tunnel, same bulb, headlight turns on for 5 seconds, then it turns off....

checked bulb again after parked, looks okay not blown... any suggestions?

I had the same problem with the passanger headlight. It was a loose clamp in the plug that goes to the bulb. If you wiggle the connector does the bulb go on and off?.

loccusst said:
I had the same problem with the passanger headlight. It was a loose clamp in the plug that goes to the bulb. If you wiggle the connector does the bulb go on and off?.

No need to add to this one. I think you found the problem.

Were you using high-wattage bulbs? I made that mistake once and by the time I figured out what the problem was, it was almost too late. The bulbs started to melt the insulating adapter, which made the contacts loose. I am back to standard wattage bulbs, Philips blue vision.

nope, not high-wattage, all stock... but then after it stopped working this time it didn't came back on anymore, so maybe this time a new bulb maybe.... heck it's too cold outside, I'll wait till it get a little warmer, meantime I'll just use the foglight ...

YUP! I had the same prob.. passenger light.. kept going on and off.. I had aftermarket HID's on though.. I thought maybe that was the prob... I would just wiggle it a little then it would come on again........I put my stocks back on... I was told the wattage on the aftermarket HID's were stronger than the stocks.

Happened to me last night for the second time since putting in cool blue bulbs. Im blaming the bulbs. That passenger side clip is a real pain to get back into place.

The passanger bulb clip has two wires that go into the plastic part that plugs into the bulb. The wires have a square metal plug with a metal flap on them that seems to be loose on aftermarket bulbs. I just poped out the metal clips and they came out of the plastic. Then I just pushed on the metal flap inside the square metal clip. Then just put it back together and voila, your good to go.

Back