Gauging Interest: Carbon Fiber Trunk

SP33D

:
Black Mica MSP
Who wants a carbon fiber trunk, and who is going to make one!? I want to buy a carbon fiber evo hood... and i want a matching carbon fiber trunk to go with it... so whoever makes the trunk is who I'm going to buy the hood from. So as of right now, I don't know what to do!! lol Who else wants a CF trunk?

u mean like this...
hin_mia_2003_011.jpg

Is that a real CF trunk on the P5! does anyone know who makes it that looks so sweet, I want one :eek: I have never seen that before :confused: I remeber there was a thread a long time ago on stuff that P5 owners wanted made out of CF and the trunk was what a lot of people wanted.

Subghetto said:
Is that a real CF trunk on the P5! does anyone know who makes it that looks so sweet, I want one :eek: I have never seen that before :confused: I remeber there was a thread a long time ago on stuff that P5 owners wanted made out of CF and the trunk was what a lot of people wanted.

no i think its jus a cf overlay from wat i remmber.

im interested in a CF sedan trunk depending on the price and assuming it retains all the detail of the OEM trunk such as the trim piece over the license plate and the contours etc....not sure if Cf trunks are usually IDENTICAL to the oem ones or not...

I would definately take one without a doubt ,BUT I may have just that before this can EVER become a piece that is produced for us.
What is sad is that no SERIOUS aftermarket companies find us to be a profitable market.
Your best bet would be to get DG Motorsports on the bandwagon.
Matt:)

I really dont care because i can have one done in a week and a half and it will fit perfect.I got a local guy who can do anything in CF.He isn't expensive but not cheap either.
What did DG and VIS ahve to say?
Trunks are hard to do due top the shape unlike a mostly flat hood.
MAtt

they told me not enough to market.. they wont make nay money... if your guy makes one.. think he can make me one too???

I will see.
Everytime i try to do somethig for someone on this board ,it always bites me in the a$$ ,if you know what i mean.Sometimes it not worth sticking your neck out and rather just take care of yourself.I will see when the time comes.
Matt

Well hopefully someone can get someone to give us some aftermarket support so I don't have to worry about it.We will see when the time comes.I will let you guys know that if it does get made that you are looking at a price that WILL be higher than the cost of a hood easily.The cost on getting one done through me would easily surpass the $750 mark.Then you got to tack on shipping if you are not local.Hmmmm..? thats about another $100.

NOW ,who here wants a CF Trunk and is willing to shell out about a $1G to get it?
If you are this guy(OR GIRL)then we may want to talk.
Matt;)

Back