2003.5 roof rack options?

kdub

:
red 2003.5 P5
I have a 2003.5 P5 and I am looking into all of the options for a roof rack. Does anybody know if a rack attaches to the holes in the pictures below?

roof_01.jpg

with plastic removed
roof_02.jpg

I looked at the how-to on removing/adding the factory rack and I'm not sure if I want to take my interior apart.

thanks for the help.

I searched the forum, ("mazda" & "thule"), does this rack work on the american 2003.5 P5? I found it on a canadian mazda dealer site.

roofracks-protege5.jpg

if not, anybody know where I can get the american version?

thank you

the american version will not fit the canadian version because you have to drill hole on the car.

do all american 2003.5 P5's have the holes as in the picture at the top of this thread, if so there has to be some rack that attaches to it.

What do you plan to carry? I have a 2003 with the factory rack and it sucked pretty bad because it was really far back on the roof and cargo hits the wing when you open the hatch. I'm not sure where the those holes on the roof of your 2003.5 are but definitely investigate it further before you go with a factory rack. I would definitely recommend an aftermarket rack anyways. I have Yakima feet and load bars with Thule bike and snowboard attachments right now and I have no complaints. I have an extra set of Thule 400 feet and locks if you want them. I also work in a bike / snowboard shop in Whitman, MA which is about 1:15 minutes away from you.
http://home.comcast.net/~gtolley/rack.htm

I checked with my friend who works in Mazda parts at my local dealership. She called mazda directly to find out if there are any options. The official response is that there is no option for a rack unless installed directly at the factory.

mtnbiker26, I plan on carrying a longboard (9.2ft) and would like to have the option to add my Specialized FSR. How much would you like for the Thule 400 feet and locks?

Umm...$40 I guess. New they would sell for $160. It's the feet and locks so you'll still need the load bars and fit kit.

Back