Vacuum hoses

adragonfly

:
Protege 5
So I finally took a picture of them... here it is. Just wish I had a nice CAI in there already, but that's gonna be another couple of weeks...

Attachments

• adragonflyengine.jpg
    adragonflyengine.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 376
Is that a breather filter on the right side of your valve cover??
Did that effect your idle at all... I was wondering if that would. I used a similar setup on my old 94 ProbeGT and it affected the idle pretty strongly for some reason. Anyways, your engine looks great!

Thanks... the hose kit is universal and you can buy it at an auto parts store like Pep Boys. It was only 20 dollars (US) and came with three sizes that covered everything. I also bought those blue wiring tubes in a couple of sizes to wrap around the fatter hoses. That was about 4 dollars for a roll of each different size.

Yeah, that's a mini breather... didn't realy affect much. I didn't buy it-it was a gift from my friend, and I didn't want ot be an ingrate. Besides, it's kinda cute (how "girly" do I sound! lol).

I did the same thing - universal hose kit and wire loom. You get a LOT more hose than some of the kits (Hose Techniques) for less money - I think my kit was $30, (Plus a few bucks for wire loom). Check the attachment.

An intake will spruce my engine bay soon, too.

Attachments

• red hoses front.jpg
    red hoses front.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 282
Nice Pic Hihoslva... I saw a couple on yours that I missed! I actually put 3 of the stock hoses back. They're the very short ones that make a "T" coming straight out of the engine's center back. Don't know what happened, but they got too hot I guess and started to shrink shut. Everything else is fine, and I check every now and then to make sure. Not to mention that I just like look in there. Can't wait for my intake! How are your hoses doing?

Well my hoses (hehe) seem to be doing just fine.

I know the hose you are talking about - the thicker "L" shaped one. I made mine longer than the stock one, so that the bend was a little more gradual. I was warned to keep an eye on it, as the heat could kink it shut, but no problems thus far.

As far as intakes go - I will be getting intakes for sale from Vibrant hopefully within the next month - they are the short-ram style (not cold air like the Injen), but are a little longer than the AEM shorties - the cone filter winds up in the front of the engine compartment, near the overflow bottle. I have no pics as of right now, but I will get one and install it myself before offering them for sale, so I will have the pics and any installation tips available soon.

Best part about them is the price - only $129 shipped (yep - no extra shipping charges!). This is significantly lower than any other intake I've seen (Injen, RActive, AEM), and they are of great quality. I might even be able to get a discount if I can make a big order - maybe $10 off on each - I'll have to check once I can get an order together. These are on back-order right now, but should be available within the next month - I'm pushing hard for pre-July.

If you'd like, drop me an email at nejnai@optonline.net - I'll add you to the list of those interested, so I can send you any information as I get hold of it. Same goes for anyone interested - email me, and let me know what color you might like (they come in Red, Blue, or Polished). I'm hoping to be able to order 10 or more when they are ready, and possibly get the price down that extra $10 for everyone.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm working on getting my intake for free at my local shop. They might sponsor my car for the local auto shows. The owner is a good friend of mine, so it's pretty much a done deal... just need to make time to get over there. Been so busy lately!

Back