fiberglass dash?

joka1

Contributor
:
2002 Black Mica ES-T
i have almost 4 months before my next show and i want to redo my dash in fiberglass. this is a question for the people who have done it (please dont flame) how hard is it to mount the dash after making a fiberglass one?? i.e. remake the mounting brackets??
also door panels, a,b,and c pillar covers and the back dash if anybody here has done these!!! any advice would be nice. i have 3 guys who know how to work with fiberglass really well but i was just wondering if anybody had any pointers to follow!!!

but i am still going to redo my center consol, a rear consol (i am going 4 sparko seats) so i would like to know any tips

http://www.awrracing.com/pages/pro/probdy.html

Not quite sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but it seemed pretty close to the idea. =) Even if it wasn't exactly what you needed, it'd probably be easier to work with that to begin with.

Edit: I just looked it up in the parts list, looks like the fiberglass one is $255, and in fact DOES completely replace the dash. =) Here's the link to the page with the prices and info on them:

http://www.awrracing.com/pages/pro/proparts.html

Last edited:
Ok ,Yes you could go with the AWR dash but I am sure it is not a direct bolt in application.
Most guy's you see with Fiberglassed dash's have used the original dash itself as a base to start with.
Our dash happens to be easy to work with as it is a hard ABS style plastic to begin with(for the most part).You would just need to remove the dash from the car ,decide on how you want to mod it ,if any and go to town.
Trust me,I have done a TON of custom fiberglass work and it is NO fun.It is very time consuming and messy.This dash would actually be an easy job if all you were after was the smoothed painted look.
My educated .02 cents
Matt

what about corksport too
www.corksport.com

they have a couple of dashes(don't know if they are real or not), but i am pretty sure, they are fakes which are like add ones.

I don't know if you are looking for the looks or the real one

if this is strictly a show car i think tvs molded in the air vent hole would be hot. along with a ps2 where the air bag is with a plexi lid.

i agree completely with forcefed... fiberglass is bad, and messy, and god-awfully easy to **** up. If you're not looking for weight reduction or anything crazy, just use the old dash as a base for designing off of. At least you can guarantee an exact fit and bolt in is a cinch...

"how hard is it to mount the dash after making a fiberglass one??"
sometimes it wont sit right, this is because at the edges you might have fiberglass there and youd have to sand back the edge. Really like some people said, its messy and time consuming, but its well worth it in my opinion!

Back