door dent

h4tor1

:
MP5
Ahhh, I got a door dent last night in my P5. I went to mall to buy something and came out with the door dent in my car. :(

Is there any way I can get rid out the dent? I don't want to spend a lot of money just for that dent. Thanks a lot guys

take off the door panel and try to push the dent out, you shouldnt be able to notice the dent afterwards. You may even want to use a rubber hammer to remove the dent from the inside. Good Luck!

dent wizard sux!!! i bought it and it didnt help anything! if you really dont want to do it yourself there are body shops that will do it for a price $$$ ...but if you know how to take off your door panel you shouldnt have a prob. but dont spend your money on that BS..all it is is a rip off!
And dont go off buying those dent removers from the store!!
Your best bet is to get a pro to take care of it...most dealerships can call someone out to help you...

I'm in the same boat. I am very curious about some of my dents, because I am always near my car, (especially at work) where I can keep an eye on her all the time. And yet I get the darndest and weirdest areas where the car would get dented in. On the passenger side, at the back doors, I have 3 dents all parrallel to each other but all were made at different times during the year (odd how it all lined up like that). On my driver side, I have what looks to be a dent from a 4dr SUV at the back doors, about 12inches forward from the door handle. But fortunately for me you have to be at the right angle to see them.

Would a lot of highway driving, give me these dents?

This is my oppinion about the sidemoldings...whats the point of them when other peoples doors (especially the back doors on 4drs) are not perpendicular...like this ....] instead are ....../ like that. I know my back doors on mine are getting a good beating around the door handle area, and I'm sure thats the cause the sidemoldings can't protect it. And of course whats the point of sidemoldings now a days when Trucks and SUV's are all over the place and they'll eventually park next to you and you'll get screwed by the kids, and the adults without care. I'm getting really tired of the fact that my sidemoldings look brand new never been used, and yet my car has 4 dents on it.:'(

I also tried the "Dent King" I bought it at the mall at those seen on TV stores. I got it for $25 and well I'd rather try it then simply pay $$$ to get my dings and dents out. It worked a little but never fully got the dent out it just made them smaller (which was a good thing cause my dents and dings were pretty big about a quarter size, now there like pea sizes. I actually pulled a dent out to much that its not a dent anymore but a lump :D And about pulling out the door panels...I've tried that and they are a b**** to come off, and a b**** to put back on. My back passenger side door panel, is still not fully back on. I guess when I take it in for 15000mile service, I'll ask them to put it on the right way.

I'll wait another year or so, to actually get my dings and dents out, that way I can get my front repainted too. It really hurts to see my baby get hurt, and its by stupid people too!!!

Noxide said:
dent wizard sux!!! i bought it and it didnt help anything!

i have never had a problem with Dent Wizard.. perhaps the local guy in your area just isn't any good at it. but what do you mean when you said you bought it? it's not something you buy, you call them and they come out and fix the dent for you, on your time at your location.

i have before and after pics of my protege5 showing dent wizard's work, and the car looks brand new after they are done with it.

i meant i payed for them to take the dents out...sorry i was thinking to fast and it kind of all got jumbled up together....
I didnt like dent wizard at all... maybe it was the guy who did it but...he did a bad bad job....he didnt even get the dent out all the way, i had to finish the job for him... thats just my opinion, i am sure there are great profesionals that can do it with no prob, but the guy i had SUCKED!!!
I get alot of dent to...i was told that some of the dents are not caused from being hit or anything but rather from heat...Is this true? leaving your car out in the sun can cause small dents or pings?????

there is something called dent repair, they will just pick it out for about $30.00 for a small easy one.

Back