WEE! - Black Injen Intake Install - 56k = OWNED

batmang

Dunna dunna dunna....
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Sup doods, check out the pics from the injen install. All I can say is, Truc is awesome. He's a great friend, I'm glad i met this asian. He makes it OK for me to enjoy rice.

Before Install
dscf0001.jpg

dscf0002.jpg

The Intake
dscf0003.jpg

dscf0004.jpg

After Install
dscf0007.jpg

dscf0008.jpg

dscf0011.jpg

It's always nice to get Truc's thumb of approval:
dscf0009.jpg

I had to give it a big thumb's up too:
dscf0012.jpg

Modded stock antenna, truc's idea. Cheap & awesome:
dscf0014.jpg

dscf0015.jpg

dscf0016.jpg

Sorry for the shitload of pics, we get camera happy. :)

Impressions of the injen intake:

First off, the bottleneck feeling is about 80% gone. It drives like a ******* beast now, i LOVE it. The sound is awesome, and the power at higher RPM's are great. I cant wait to get a catback and a new down pipe. Those should rid of the bottleneck entirely with the help of a header. All I can say is, it was surely worth the money. Weeee!

Last edited:
the intake looks good, did you time your self on the install?
oh and whose that goofy guy in the picture? (rofl) he he he just kidding!
oh by the way.....weeeeeeeeeee :D

batmang went to the batcave to make nookie with the catwoman. but he paid $213 shipped from adventon.com. he ordered monday, received thursday. pretty good, i'd say.

oops... my fault... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

john makes it sound like i'm so awesome... i'm not. i'm just a master jerry rigger!

see the antenna... that's jerry rigged. we got too crazy with the hacksaw, so we had to compromise. turned out pretty good, i think!

Last edited:
no, i was kidding. john said he needed a shorty antenna. i bought xelderx... but he's not making any more. and dave's not in production yet. so i had my stock one in my office, chopped it, sanded it down, then dipped the chopped end in some black paint to get the color even, and VOILA! minimal reception loss, great looks... all for FREE! tonight john did it to his. it's great!

Last edited:
well, all the stations I personally listen to had no reception loss. im guessing some of the stations that truc listens too might get minimal static. but all the stations i listen to come in the same as before. if you bought a short one or modified the stock one, you will get the same reception/reception loss. so why pay $15-$20 for one when you can mod your stock one in 5 minutes?

no prob. if anything, i owe it to truc, i didnt even think of doing it. didnt think it was possible. but it is.

Looks good batmang. Now pop off your valve cover and paint it gloss black and your engine bay will look awesome. IMO

Back