Convert Injen CAI into an SRI?

Bhamsan

:
2004 SSM Acura RSX
I've just spent a whole 5 minutes looking through some pics of Injen CAIs installed, and I was wondering if it was possible to just not attach the section after the MAF that goes into the fender, but rather, just throw the filter on the end of the MAF, thus making it into a SRI? If this is possible, then I know where my next $215 is going. Right now I have a K&N cone filter attached to the MAF and a heat shield to deflect a lot of heat (it works so far). Anyways, please let me know. Thanks!

I'll probably have to buy the whole CAI and then just scrap the extension, or just keep it around for if one day i decide to go with the CAI. I think if I decide to late up the boost, I'll go SRI, but until then, just keep it as a CAI. I'm surprised I haven't heard of anyone trying this before, and I've been here for almost 3 months.

I think it is possible, but
-what would you do with the temp sensor?
- how would you brace the pipe to keep it from moving?

I might do the same thing.

i have done it before on my Mp3. All i did was attach the filter right after my MAF sensor. The temp sensor all i did was put it in a safe place, made sure it wasn't dangling or anything. I ran the Mp3 like that for about a week without any problems.

I drilled a small hole into the rubber part on the filter that attaches onto the MAF so it is inserted into the filter similar to how it was fit into the stock air box.

It main problem I thought might occur would be the problem of not having it secure to anything, since the part that keeps the whole part secure is on the extension. I'm sure if i can finally save up enough to get my hands on a INjen CAI, i'll figure out something.

roblem is the stabalizer bracket comes of fthe last part of the CAI and bolts to the car body, without it your "SRI" will move a whole lot

I was under the impression that AEM is only going to make a CAI also, but if an AEM SRI becomes available, I will definitely buy that one instead.

If not, I can find a way to stabilize the intake. I figure that I'll just sit there for a day or so and i'll figure some way to stabilize the Injen "SRI".

Last edited:
Dexter said:
way to read the thread newB.

its for a MSP. duh. i didnt know AEM MADE MSP INTAKE LOLOL F U

well hell. AT LEEST I HAV MATHCING RIMMS ON MEH CAR OWNZ JIGGHA WHAT

I actually just got done converting an old Integra intake into a somewhat hybrid SRI for my car. I left the stock air piping in there for now but removed the air box & ran some of the intake tubing so the K&N sits over behind the headlight now instead of in the direct path of the fan. I'll post pics later if I can find my camera.

Back