trade in?

:
2003 MSP
OKay well i have come to the conclusion that i can get a STI for not much more than im payin now and i want it. cept what do u guys think i can get on trade in? i have a spicy msp with about 4k miles on it. thats all, no aftermarket stuff. No damage not smoked in perfect. Thanks!!!

Don't do a dealership trade in; you'll get screwed. Sell it privately. It may take more time but you'll get a LOT more money out of it.

i agree that ill get more however i still havent made up my mind but, i have been tryin to sell my teg GSR for 5 months! and i am getting nothing! how much do u think i could get for my car. im gonna try a ccouple dealers. i guess time will tell. i mean if they lowball me ill prolly keep it cuz im prolly not gonna have good luck sellin it. i dunno. any other input?

If you have an Integra GSR AND a Mazdaspeed, you might be able to get a good trade-in on an STI...What are the specs on the GSR? What are you asking for it?

I've never heard of anyone not getting raped on a trade-in. You might want to just try to find someone to take over payments. Even that is going to be hard. Trust me, I want to trade my car back in and get something else - but everytime I figure it out, I end up looking at a 400 dollar payment minimum, and that's just if I get a mazda3.

I have to give my Mazda dealer, Alhambra Mazda, props for giving me high blue book when I traded in my 2001 Audi A4. But 99% of the time, YOU WILL GET SCREWED ON THE TRADE IN.

I have had my MSP for sale for about four months, I have had TWO people call me on it. ONE of them came to look at it. But I have heard of people selling theirs very quickly, maybe San Diego just is not a good market.

I also thought about selling mine back to the dealer. I went in with 12,000 miles on it and they said that they would give me $14,800 for the car. I paid $23,495.00 for it, so I thought that a $8,695.00 loss was a little too much (considering that I have only owned the car for eight months), thus I still own the car (and to a few peoples surprise; ie t3ase, I'm starting to like my car once again). No flame intended.

So what it comes down to is how bad you want that STi. I would say go in knowing that you should get "at least" $16,000 plus for your car. If you can get that, I would go for it!

By the way, I bought my MSP out-right.

SpcyOrangeMSP03 said:
i agree that ill get more however i still havent made up my mind but, i have been tryin to sell my teg GSR for 5 months! and i am getting nothing! how much do u think i could get for my car. im gonna try a ccouple dealers. i guess time will tell. i mean if they lowball me ill prolly keep it cuz im prolly not gonna have good luck sellin it. i dunno. any other input?

You would do well to look at kbb.com, and nada.com. They can give you reasonable figures for the value of the car. Note that most dealers use nada.com or the Black book (which you can't get prices online).

After looking at those guides, and I do stress the word guides as they paint a more rosy picture of the economy and value ofyour car, look at what other similar models are selling for. You can do this by looking in your local paper or online at autotrader.com. I can almost guarantee you that while you think the car may be worth X, you will not get X for it.

For comparison purposes, I traded in my 2002 Accord EX-v6 coupe at a local dealer. The best offer I got, and I did shop around, was $17.5K. That was the NADA value for my car. If I tried to sell privately I probably could have gotten more but would've been paying on 2 cars for some period of time. Looking back, I am not unhappy at all about the tradein. Realistically I could have probably sold the car for ~ 19K, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle as I had a lien on the vehicle and 19K still wouldn't have covered what I owed. There are so many 6th gen Accords on the market ,now that the 7th gen is out, that prices for them are horrible . You will be facing the same basic problem with your GSR, but probably not the MSP.

I know dealers are evil when it comes to trade-ins, but that's always a negotiating point.

Ben

You can't get 16k on a used MSP. You can get a new one for almost that much and yes there is a huge difference between a car with almost 0 miles and a car with 1k miles on it.

I'm thinking you will get around 13k for it if even that...

One more thing. The dealer told me to make my move due to the release of the 2003.5 MSP. This is going to drive down the prices of the 2003 car, as alexlitov stated.

EXA4DRIVER said:
I have to give my Mazda dealer, Alhambra Mazda, props for giving me high blue book when I traded in my 2001 Audi A4. But 99% of the time, YOU WILL GET SCREWED ON THE TRADE IN.

alhambra mazda is bad ass

Back