the miata is timeless

jflo

:
03.5 msp
i don't knoe how the rest of you miata owners out there feel, but i think that the miata has one of the most unique and timeless shapes around. most of my friends thought that my '91 was brand new and was surprised when i told him how old it was. even though i got a new MSP, i still miss my miata. in a lot of respects, i feel that the miata is a lot better than the MSP. and that great feeling that i get in the miata when i drive it like being connected to it and the road is unmatchable. heh i'm getting sentimental, yes i knoe, but i hope u miata owners appreciate ur miata as much as i do.

even though it may not be a limited production car as the MSP, it still has that class and flair that the MSP can't match.

It is a timeless car. Mine doesn't have a clock in it, and has caused me to be late for work a few times. I think it's helped me get there on time more than its caused me to be late though.

As for feel, yep, it connects you to the road pretty damn well. The tranny is also a work of art. It's so smooth and tight, even after over 10 years of abuse. I wish i could say that about my 2 year old subaru:mad:

i NEED a miata... after test driving one..... i wish i could be in some sort of miata cult

haha...i just used my clock radio haha

and the tranny...my friend thought i installed a short shifter in it. the look on his face when i said it was stock was funny

Click-click.

That's the tranny. Makes you wanna hump the tailpipe. The exhaust tune is sweet too.

Gotta love the miata. SCC said once, " A hundred years from now people will look in the dictionary under the word "Sportscar" and there will be the miata." I couldn't agree more.

I still can't bring myself to get rid of my first one. I bought it in 1994, and only put 1,500 miles on it last year. I put more miles on the V8, but I still don't consider it for sale.

I still find myself looking at the classifieds for another one. One to keep 'stock'.

-Scott

Honestly, the shape and styling of the Miata isn't true to a typical 14 year old car. I find that pretty damn cool. It was ahead of it's time. People are always amazed to know that mine is 14 years old (I was only 9 when she was built :) ). It certainly doesn't look it.

And yes, the Miata is a cult. What is it about these little cars? Oh yeah, just about everything, heh.

omg i am SO TEMPTED to trade in the 7 for a 03 Miata, I can get the LS (w/ lsd) for like 19-ish after rebates!

should i pull the trigger?!?!?!

ZoomZoomH said:
omg i am SO TEMPTED to trade in the 7 for a 03 Miata, I can get the LS (w/ lsd) for like 19-ish after rebates!

should i pull the trigger?!?!?!

Pull it! :D

How much do you expect to get for the RX7? You may just as well be better off keeping the 7 and getting the Miata in addition.

i *may* get like 2000 for the 7 as trade-in

the 7 runs fine, i'm just getting a bit tired of doing all this work trying to get it pass emissions and it STILL FAILS :( :( :(

PhatMiata said:
That is the Hard-Dog, Hard-Core, Double Diagonal, with Harness Bar in Stainless Steel.

PhatMiata

that's the bar I have, except I have the harness tabs, in lieu of the bar, so I could replace my top w/ an M2 top, eventually. Glass rear windows rock. :)

Can you get a pic of the car from behind, maybe up close, with the bar? Also, I'd like to see how you cut the plastic trim pieces...I'm always curious how other's installs came out :)

Ill have to get a friend to take more pics as i dont have a digital Camera, so at the next meeting Wednesday, ill see if i can take more pics, those are older as i have a Willans 6 point harness attached now.

Phatmiata

Back