Muahaha I've got a system.. (thinking of a sq system? answered my q's? read this)

k2kyo

Ok guys. First, a MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY WHO HELPED ME!! I couldn't have done this without you guys.

1st Mp3, Blue LEDz (not sure if he visits this board or not..helped me on the protegeclub board), Zoooom (thanks for the dash kit), and everybody I know I'm missing.. you guys ROCK!

This project started as a question on the protegeclub board about system ideas. Here is my set up now.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9807
Front Spkrs: CDT 61 components powerd off the front 2 amp channels
Rear Spkrs: stock (being replaced soon)
Amp: Avionixx axa440.4 four channel amp
Sub: Edesign O-Series 12o.44 bridged off the back 2 channels running a 2ohm load.

oh good lord this sounds good (keep in mind this is my first real system).. it's awesome. It's not boomy or distorted, no crappy sound.. it's clear, it's tight, and it can be loud enough to annoy drivers next to me on the freeway.

Dynamat is comming soon for the hatch (i have a p5) as it shakes like crazy when I crank it up. It's nice to be able to have a system that puts my rear view mirror out of place simply because it's vibrating so hard (no noise though)

To anybody thinking of putting together a nice sounding system and is wondering where to start for fairly cheap (did everything for around $1000 and built my own box).. here ya go.

Again, thank you all for your help!! I've had this installed about a week or so now and held off posting till I got a full feel for it.. sweetness.

Kyle (kyo)

p.s. pics are comming soon! I've got pics to help newb installers too)

i installed the same O12 in my friend's car and was amazed at it. it sounded awesome, even for a seal enclosure:D i'm glad you are happy with your system.

BTW, this is blueLEDz from proclub and clubpro;)

heh.. welcome to the world of rattle.. dynamat works wonders on the p5.. just amke sure you get the rear plate bracket.. and under the spoiler.. i used weather stripping for that.. now if i could only make my back wiper stop rattling. -=)

congrats..

I just installed my sub last night. 2 RF 12's w/ a RF 700 wt amp.

HOLY s***! :eek:

It's so loud, that when I drive by the ocean, Whales start beaching themselves!:cool:

re

on a random side note that you might find amusing..

My friend's dad just finished installing his "system"

He mounted 2 12" subs on each side of his car, facing outward. Nothing amazing, nothing that sounds good.. they're even turned off 99% of the time. Why you ask? "To annoy the hell outta the morons with crappy rattling systems at stop lights by blasting polka music right at them."

:D :D :D

found that amusing personally hehe

Kyle (|{y0)

Back